QuickLoad tips and tricks

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
BlackburnBuccaneer
Home club or Range: Cawdor Rifle and Gun Club

Re: QuickLoad tips and tricks

#21 Post by BlackburnBuccaneer »

I have been using QL for a few days now and starting to get to grips with it, but I have noticed it is lacking in terms of newer bullet designs.
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of up to date bulet profiles for quick load to include newer bullets such as the 2156 155gr SMK? I have found some profiles online, but nothing seems to go past about 2008.
22LR Browning T-Bolt, SIG 522 & Tikka T1x MDT Oryx | 222Rem Brno Fox &  Tikka T3 - KRG X-Ray | 223Rem Tikka T3 Benchmark - KRG X-Ray | 243Win/308Win Sauer 200 | 308Win Tikka T3 Hardy - KRG X-Ray | 308Win & 6mm CM Sauer SSG3000  | 7.5x55 K31
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#22 Post by Ovenpaa »

What version of QL are you running?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
BlackburnBuccaneer
Home club or Range: Cawdor Rifle and Gun Club

#23 Post by BlackburnBuccaneer »

Version 3.8

I know one can enter bullet parameters, but I am wary of this adversely effecting the output data if I get it wrong.
22LR Browning T-Bolt, SIG 522 & Tikka T1x MDT Oryx | 222Rem Brno Fox &  Tikka T3 - KRG X-Ray | 223Rem Tikka T3 Benchmark - KRG X-Ray | 243Win/308Win Sauer 200 | 308Win Tikka T3 Hardy - KRG X-Ray | 308Win & 6mm CM Sauer SSG3000  | 7.5x55 K31
M99
Home club or Range: FCSA(UK)

#24 Post by M99 »

I would suggest you are doing something wrong then, as my V3.6 has the 2156 listed for both g1 and g7 BCs

load the sierra bullet file and look under .308 (scroll down)

Mike
DW58
Home club or Range: Cawdor RGC

#25 Post by DW58 »

Now sorted.
Rob
.22 Anschütz 1416 | .22 Browning T-Bolt | .222 Rem CZ (Mod) | .223 Rem Tikka/KRG X-Ray chassis | .243 Win/.308 Win Sauer 200 (Mod) | .308 Win Tikka T3/GRS Bolthorn chassis | .300 WSM Tikka T3/KRG X-Ray chassis| .308 Sig Sauer SSG 3000 | 7.5x55mm K31
banco

#26 Post by banco »

I find Quickload is a very useful tool for getting there or thereabouts guidance on velocities and pressures but it should not be relied upon entirely. I have attached the results of a load development session I had earlier this year, six strings of 5 rounds with different loads of powder. Each string shows the Quickload muzzle velocity prediction and the actual readings taken from a magnetospeed V3 chronograph. As you can see the quickload prediction is out by about 1 or 2 percent, not a showstopper, but not 100% accurate. Having said that it's worth the money for the hours of fun playing 'what if '.....
Attachments
march 5th with range card resized.jpg
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Microshite free.

#27 Post by dromia »

At last I am Microshite free. lollol shakeshout

I went to Linux years ago but still needed to have a microshite computer to run Quickload.

I have now found a way of running Microshite programmes in Linux through VirtualBox which contains the microshite operating system, in my case Microshite 7, within Linux. That means I can open up microshite programmes free from microshite having and internet connection and updating itself with god knows what and trying to forcibly install that abomination microshite 10.

It is great to have Quickload and all my TMT bullet programmes back on my PC screen. clapclap shakeshout

green55 microshite I say.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

Re: Microshite free.

#28 Post by TattooedGun »

Whoa, what has this got to do with Shooting.

One rule for everyone else, but another for yourself eh Dromia.

This should be in Grumpy old men, if nothing else :p
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#29 Post by dromia »

It is about quickload and the TMT programmes running on my PC that is the substance of the post getting shooting software to work on Linux.

Suggest you fully read and understand the post before charging in looking for an excuse to criticise.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#30 Post by TattooedGun »

I read the post, and that is tenuous at best. Far more tenuous than some of the posts I've seen moved.

The post is more about you wanting to criticise microsoft and call them microsite than letting people know that VirtualBox will run windows as a virtual machine.