Cabinet fixing

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

billgatese30
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland & District Gun Club...and anywhere that will have me.

Cabinet fixing

#1 Post by billgatese30 »

Ok then,

I can remember years ago reading that when mounting a cabinet to the wall (preferably in a corner), the locking bolt side ,i.e the opposite to the hinge side, should if possible be up against the adjacent wall to restrict leverage. Is this generally still the recommendation from FEO's/the HO?

In my preferred location it will be the opposite (i.e. the door will open onto the adjacent wall rather than away from it).

And on an unrelated note, guess what I'm doing this weekend :grin:

Chris
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

Re: Cabinet fixing

#2 Post by meles meles »

Cabinet fixing ?

Aren't Murdoch et alia shortly to be in the dock for trying that ?
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Ovenpaa

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

billgatese30 wrote:Ok then,

I can remember years ago reading that when mounting a cabinet to the wall (preferably in a corner), the locking bolt side ,i.e the opposite to the hinge side, should if possible be up against the adjacent wall to restrict leverage. Is this generally still the recommendation from FEO's/the HO?

In my preferred location it will be the opposite (i.e. the door will open onto the adjacent wall rather than away from it).

And on an unrelated note, guess what I'm doing this weekend :grin:
You could always turn it upside down.... unless it has an inner compartment.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

#4 Post by Christel »

Good luck in not finding that water pipe :P
billgatese30
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland & District Gun Club...and anywhere that will have me.

#5 Post by billgatese30 »

ovenpaa wrote:
You could always turn it upside down.... unless it has an inner compartment.
This is true, I never really gave it a thought. All I would need then is to remove the baffle and reattach with some double sided tape ( will have to borrow another roll from work).

Chris
billgatese30

#6 Post by billgatese30 »

meles meles wrote:Cabinet fixing ?

Aren't Murdoch et alia shortly to be in the dock for trying that ?
Hopefully I'll be a touch more successful :-P
Chris
meles meles

#7 Post by meles meles »

Of course, an alternative to requiring us law abiding members of society to lock our guns away in armoured boxes, would be to impose appropriately Draconian sentences upon those miscreants who attempt to take them from us...
Badger
Badger Korporashun

billgatese30

#8 Post by billgatese30 »

...and yet, as common sense appears to come bundled with a sense of irony in these situations, the draconian sentences would cost the honest shooter more than the price of increasing security on their own firearms in the long run :roll: Why is life such a b***h ;)
Chris
meles meles

#9 Post by meles meles »

billgatese30 wrote:...and yet, as common sense appears to come bundled with a sense of irony in these situations, the draconian sentences would cost the honest shooter more than the price of increasing security on their own firearms in the long run :roll: Why is life such a b***h ;)

The Draconian sentence we had in mind costs about 38 pence, possibly less if pawloaded...
Badger
Badger Korporashun

billgatese30

#10 Post by billgatese30 »

I'm sure that cost could be recovered too. Perhaps to keep the fox huggers happy we could give the hounds something else to chase fingerscrossed :shakeshout:
Chris