S Class shooting - a discussion

Sporting-Class. Everything you want to know about this new discipline including course of fire, competitions, rifles, regulations and how to get involved.

Moderator: dromia

M99
Home club or Range: FCSA(UK)

Re: S Class shooting - a discussion

#41 Post by M99 »

Ok, I am off and running with an S class project rifle - cost me 3 Gundog training lessons (About £90!) it is another PH .308 with a sporter barrel - I've just dropped a Nikon Scope on to it and a Harris bi-pod and that should be that :o (weight under 10lbs!!)

When do we start?

Mike
Ovenpaa

#42 Post by Ovenpaa »

That Mike, is perfectly within the spirit of the class, now we need to meet up and have a go at something around the 400-600 yard mark :good:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
M99
Home club or Range: FCSA(UK)

#43 Post by M99 »

ovenpaa wrote:That Mike, is perfectly within the spirit of the class, now we need to meet up and have a go at something around the 400-600 yard mark :good:
Shame I can't make the 14th - but I am more than up for a day or half day at Bisley - I can pick Tattooed gun up on the way through? Just need to sort out a date?

Mike
John25

#44 Post by John25 »

The NRA will sell you, collect or post, the F class faces. They are aound 60p each as I recall

Aternatively you could draw your own scoring rings with a nail, bit of string, and a pencil, or permanent marker (the way the NRA puts the outer rings on the long range targets)

The dimentions are in the Bisley bible

http://www.nra.org.uk/common/files/bibl ... e_main.pdf

Look in the section 'Targets, Marking and Scoring'

If you email the Range Office:

range.office@nra.org.uk

They will confirm the price and either post them or arrange to have them in the office when someone calls to collect.

If I'm teaching granny I apologise, if its useful info, put a quid in your favourite charity box.

:cheers:
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#45 Post by TattooedGun »

Ah right, gotchya! Might have to invest in some and see if anyone else on the firing point wants to use them... its a bit difficult when you're shooting along side TR shooters, but we might have enough F-class shooters to warrant it the mix across multiple firing points.. Not sure, but we'll see!

I wish I could make it down to Bisley sometime soon (Actually I'm down this saturday, but I'm shooting a county match against the RAF - or something.... I'm there as a reserve, so I'm not 100% sure - either way, wrong rifle for this event!) but I'm off to LA for a few weeks starting the 22nd June, and don't return until 8th July - however, after that date I will be willing to make a lot of effort to get to the range, especially to meet a bunch of you reprobates :p

Mike, new S-Class rifle sounds great! And I appreciate the offer to pick me up :)
Sim G

#46 Post by Sim G »

TattooedGun wrote:I wish I could make it down to Bisley sometime soon (Actually I'm down this saturday, but I'm shooting a county match against the RAF - or something.... I'm there as a reserve, so I'm not 100% sure - either way, wrong rifle for this event!) but I'm off to LA for a few weeks starting the 22nd June, and don't return until 8th July - however, after that date I will be willing to make a lot of effort to get to the range, especially to meet a bunch of you reprobates :p

I'll be still busted up and slinged till the middle of July...... :cry:
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#47 Post by TattooedGun »

Well we'll need to sort something for mid July then!! :-D

I still need to sign up as an NRA member to do stuff like this :(
Sim G

#48 Post by Sim G »

MiLisCer wrote:Ok, I am off and running with an S class project rifle - cost me 3 Gundog training lessons (About £90!) it is another PH .308 with a sporter barrel - I've just dropped a Nikon Scope on to it and a Harris bi-pod and that should be that :o (weight under 10lbs!!)

When do we start?

Mike

Right! Who wants to explain this to the wife? Because of all of this and coupled with Mike's post above, there's no way I can shoot my RPA against the sort of equipment you fellas are putting together, and for me to stay within in the spirit of it all..... kukkuk

So, just got off the phone with my mate, done a deal on a Ruger M77 Sporter in .308...... 150 quid!

Thanks! :55: :55: :55:
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Sim G

#49 Post by Sim G »

Oh, and even though he's not a forum member, bigger Ludite than me when it comes to technology, can he still play? He wants to use a PH Supreme in .303......!! With Irons!!!! party2

Sandgroper

#50 Post by Sandgroper »

Sim G wrote: Right! Who wants to explain this to the wife? Because of all of this and coupled with Mike's post above, there's no way I can shoot my RPA against the sort of equipment you fellas are putting together, and for me to stay within in the spirit of it all..... kukkuk

So, just got off the phone with my mate, done a deal on a Ruger M77 Sporter in .308...... 150 quid!

Thanks! :55: :55: :55:
Just tell her we bullied you in to it by appealing to your sense of honour and decency for this competition. ;)
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.