S Class shooting - a discussion

Sporting-Class. Everything you want to know about this new discipline including course of fire, competitions, rifles, regulations and how to get involved.

Moderator: dromia

spud
Home club or Range: Grovesmall Arms

Re: S Class shooting - a discussion

#21 Post by spud »

nows your chance to get an official FB-UK target sorted so that all the postal entries will be standardised and then you make it unique. FB class
ImageImage
Old Chap

#22 Post by Old Chap »

Please count me in, I agree with everything (except for allowing rear bags).
I haven't worked out how to put quotes in yet so in plain text - Watcher hit the nail on the head. Traipsing all around the country and the enormous expense involved leaves me cold and stops me competing.
Dave, as a matter of interest Heather Webb sent an e-mail along these lines following a proposal from someone in Herts, some time ago. It may be worth contacting him to see why it all died a death.
Good luck.
Phil
Sandgroper

#23 Post by Sandgroper »

spud wrote:nows your chance to get an official FB-UK target sorted so that all the postal entries will be standardised and then you make it unique. FB class
With that in mind - my original thought for the Predator Class was to have it over 200, 300 and 400m, this could be possible if run as a postal comp.
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Ovenpaa

#24 Post by Ovenpaa »

Old Chap wrote:Dave, as a matter of interest Heather Webb sent an e-mail along these lines following a proposal from someone in Herts, some time ago. It may be worth contacting him to see why it all died a death.
Good luck.
Phil
Phil, I am certainly not going to be the only one that has thought of this and I have mentioned something like this before on other forums but was shot down very quickly, do you have his contact details? If not I can contact Heather.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
20series
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#25 Post by 20series »

right bare with me because im a target shooter but would it make sense to have targets that has sized scoring zones similar to the kill areas that the class of rifles are used for in the field!!

just my tuppence :squirrel:

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
StanDeasy

#26 Post by StanDeasy »

I also agree with everything except the rear bag. Allowing these abominations in would nix it for me.

The scope magnification limit would also be a slight problem as I don't have anything under 16x :cry:

SD
John25

#27 Post by John25 »

So, now I'm going to gaffa tape a Harris on the bottom and a Tasco on the top of my number five and shoot 180gr at an F class target?

When is the first meeting?

:shakeshout:
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
Alpha1

#28 Post by Alpha1 »

Interesting. May be a Full bore UK postal comp with a small prize for the winner in each group. A cup or shield maybe engraved with the winners name. Just a thought.
Sandgroper

#29 Post by Sandgroper »

20series wrote:right bare with me because im a target shooter but would it make sense to have targets that has sized scoring zones similar to the kill areas that the class of rifles are used for in the field!!

just my tuppence :squirrel:

Alan
The idea is a good one, but when you consider the shooting pass for your DSC Lvl 1 (Deer Stalking Certificate) is placing 3 shots a 4 inch circle at 100m, prone - I think we can do better! fingerscrossed

I should sorted for the Predator Class in a couple of weeks with a 223, but due to scheduling problems I wouldn't be able to shoot a postal comp until August at the earliest.

Another question - course of fire, how many rounds etc?

Could we have the Criteria and Rules placed somewhere and updated as decisions are made agreed on?
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Ovenpaa

#30 Post by Ovenpaa »

I would suggest a CoF 2+15 and/or 2+20 and targets ICFRA standard F Class.
FCLASS.JPG
For the animal sized targets something similar, what are the standard animal targets scored at?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal