Bisley 17 06 12

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

Bisley 17 06 12

#1 Post by kennyc »

the BBSNRPC rolled up to Short Siberia in the morning for a bit of light zeroing and a lot of heavy chatting :grin: the weather, considering the last few days was pretty good with not much wind effecting things. I got to zero the sink plunger with its nice new Burris fullfield 2 3-9x32 scope with ballistic reticle, very clear and as was proved later, the balistic reticle meant I didn't have to alter things for 300 yards.
I put 6 rounds through the Howa to check the zero and I was pleasantly surprised by the results, considering they were a mix of 3 different loads of powder, and included a cold bore/fouling shot, it just go's to show how well these modern stalking rifles can shoot!
598615_10150958006624146_758185132_n.jpg
the highlight was watching a chrono have its arm shot clean through :o the low point was having a "smokey" misfire wtfwtf for a moment I thought I was in trouble as billows of smoke trickled out of the plunger :o after waiting a minute or so without a bang it was deep breath ,lean away and crank that action! out pooped a whole round with what looked like a split primer (dealt with by DuffEyeDoyle later on thanks Stu)

the afternoon started at 300 on Century and the Barnault .223 that I got from oovenpa was going well from the plunger although the wind had picked up considerably, another highlight was that Bisley tradition Tony Fresco Ice cream! delivered to the firing point :good:

283671_10150955385584146_1081673014_n.jpg

after a while we moved back to 600 yrds, where the wind was starting to cause problems with its up/down dancing, the Plungers (there were 2 along) were still finding the black,but the Lithuanian GGG was definitely working better than the Barnault, but then it was almost twice the price :good: the Howa being in .308 was not too shabby, although I should have taken more ammo for it :grin:
the BBSNRPC meets at Bisley most months and welcomes full NRA members or new club probationers, (have to be pre-booked)
PS I belive there is still an available place on the August trip to WMS steel challenge in Wales if anyone is interested smile2
Ovenpaa

Re: Bisley 17 06 12

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

No idea how I missed this first time round, good to hear the .223 stuff went OK, always with a bang and perfect extraction. I tried it to 1000 yards which really was too far for it with a bowl scope on a blowy day however at 200 it was brilliant and given a greater magnification 'scope I could probably get reasonable results from it to 800-900 yards. I will certainly be getting some more in the future.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal