Work on the Blackgun

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Ovenpaa

Work on the Blackgun

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

I seem to be forever looking at things on the Blackgun, wondering what purpose they really serves and then binning them. Latest thing to think about was the way it rattles when the next round is chambered, the SGC AR clone has a cocking lever on the right hand side of the bolt which is fixed, however it has one on the left as well which rattles around in a channel not doing a great deal apart from if you want to cycle the action with your left hand.

So I removed it. Immediately I noticed how much quieter the rifle was to cycle however it did leave a gaping hole in the side so tonight I took a few minutes away from work to build a filler strip, basically a 'T' cross section bar that just slides in where the old cocking lever used to slide.

Here is the cocking lever/handle and new filler section next to each other.
lever1.jpg
Here it is in place, now all I need to do is anodise it black whenever we are next doing some parts
lever2.jpg
Attachments
lever2.jpg
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal