New Hatsan MP-A

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

phaedra1106

New Hatsan MP-A

#1 Post by phaedra1106 »

Took it out for the first time on Sunday morning, def. not a great choice for clays with the ghost ring sights on!, still managed to hit about 2/3 though.

However, took some cartridges I'd converted with Brenneke slugs I'd got (thanks Dromia!) and they worked very nicely indeed :good: tried them out on a dead tree stump and it was very impressive, some nice round holes in it and grouping wasn't bad (at about 25m).

I've got an order of slugs and cases on the way from Siarm at a very good price so should be able to try them out with Mark (Blackstuff) at the next PSG meeting on the 28th :grin:
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
saddler

Re: New Hatsan MP-A

#2 Post by saddler »

phaedra1106 wrote:Took it out for the first time on Sunday morning, def. not a great choice for clays with the ghost ring sights on!, still managed to hit about 2/3 though.

However, took some cartridges I'd converted with Brenneke slugs I'd got (thanks Dromia!) and they worked very nicely indeed :good: tried them out on a dead tree stump and it was very impressive, some nice round holes in it and grouping wasn't bad (at about 25m).

I've got an order of slugs and cases on the way from Siarm at a very good price so should be able to try them out with Mark (Blackstuff) at the next PSG meeting on the 28th :grin:
NEXT PSG meet is the 15th in Carlisle !!
phaedra1106

#3 Post by phaedra1106 »

Carlisle!!! I'd need a passport wouldn't I ??
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#4 Post by Mike357 »

Keeps us posted as to how it performs please?
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Dangermouse

#5 Post by Dangermouse »

I will be getting one sooner or later, check the foresight, I have seen a couple fall off new guns!

DM
phaedra1106

#6 Post by phaedra1106 »

Seems very solid!, just added a red dot sight offset at 45deg, will see if it helps with faster target acquisition rather than the ghost ring sights.

Got my second order of components on the way from Siarm so should have lots of slug rounds made up in time for the 28th. Even ordering small amounts it's working out around £50/100, that's at least 30% less than the cheapest retail I can get.
saddler

#7 Post by saddler »

phaedra1106 wrote:Carlisle!!! I'd need a passport wouldn't I ??
Nah, just rabies and diptheria shots & an ability to speak slowly to any of the locals...
(them folk are SO on the wrong side of the Pennines zzzzom )
Sim G

#8 Post by Sim G »

phaedra1106 wrote:just added a red dot sight offset at 45deg, will see if it helps with faster target acquisition rather than the ghost ring sights.
Jeff, the secret with Ghost Ring sights is to completely ignore the rear sight. It takes some training, but once mastered, they are just as quick as the bead, but more accurate at the longer distances, particularly with slug. Your sight picture should be a solid in focus front sight, with almost a "haze" from the rear sight surrounding it. This is the "ghosting" and hence their name. Your eye will naturally center the front in the aperture without conscious effort.

Training, training, training......
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
saddler

#9 Post by saddler »

Sim G wrote:
phaedra1106 wrote:just added a red dot sight offset at 45deg, will see if it helps with faster target acquisition rather than the ghost ring sights.
Jeff, the secret with Ghost Ring sights is to completely ignore the rear sight. It takes some training, but once mastered, they are just as quick as the bead, but more accurate at the longer distances, particularly with slug. Your sight picture should be a solid in focus front sight, with almost a "haze" from the rear sight surrounding it. This is the "ghosting" and hence their name. Your eye will naturally center the front in the aperture without conscious effort.

Training, training, training......
Sounds like he needs a Northern Monkey or two to pop along and give him some lessons...happy to do so if he pays in rifled slugs and stottie cakes (to send darn sarf to them soft soothern one-armed bum-bandit types...)
phaedra1106

#10 Post by phaedra1106 »

Stottie cakes are never a problem, I now have the official export license in place to ship to all points North, West and even South of Geordie Land.

I'll take it to clay pigeon on Sunday and have a play with it, I don't think my neighbours would appreciate me setting up a few empty cans around the garden and practicing my target acquisition skills :lol: