Olympic coverage

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Harrier1980

Olympic coverage

#1 Post by Harrier1980 »

Disappointed that the BBC are only showing the finals of the Skeet, 24 channels, and about 10 events on. ****
Doz

Re: Olympic coverage

#2 Post by Doz »

Not that it helps, but given the BBC's usual stance on matters shooting I'm fairly surprised they're showing anything at all. smile2
Ovenpaa

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

The BBC are showing every single event live apparently. We watched the finals of the women's 10m air rifle Saturday however that was at my parents and was on Sky. Eurosport are also doing some good coverage.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Primer

#4 Post by Primer »

Harrier1980 wrote:Disappointed that the BBC are only showing the finals of the Skeet, 24 channels, and about 10 events on. ****
Very poor indeed, whether you can find more coverage on the internet from some foreign channels ? Not sure.

I watched a bit of the air rifle shooting on Saturday, bit like watching paint dry to be honest, doubt we will see any of the British entrants if they are only showing finals.
Harrier1980

#5 Post by Harrier1980 »

It is a bit of a shame, as I am getting quite into the clays. I watched the women's final and out of 100 clays they seem to classify the first 75 clays as qualifying (not shown), and the last 25 as the final where only about the last 6 or 8 go through.
Polchraine

#6 Post by Polchraine »

ovenpaa wrote:The BBC are showing every single event live apparently. We watched the finals of the women's 10m air rifle Saturday however that was at my parents and was on Sky. Eurosport are also doing some good coverage.
I have heard then state exactly that on the radio - "... never miss any action, we are showing you everything and will bring news of any records that might be broken."

Certainly for the Women's Skeet, as mentioned already, the Qualifying was not shown, and there was no warning of the OR being smashed. What was shown, was reasonable coverage, and the commentator said very little and no inane cr4p!

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.