A few FAC questions.

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Charlotte the flyer
Home club or Range: Classified

Re: A few FAC questions.

#11 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

Oh for some common rules. We asked for 1000/1200 in .22lr and got it in Staffs. They were concerned about my 500/600 7.62 though for some reason, and only on my ticket. Louise (same household, same time app, same interview) got 500/600 in both 7.62 and .308. I didn't ask for the .308 and got a grilling about the 7.62. He gave it to me in the end. Most odd.
The above post probably contains sarcasm or some other form of attempted wit, please don't take it to heart.
M99
Home club or Range: FCSA(UK)

#12 Post by M99 »

Charlotte the flyer wrote:Oh for some common rules. We asked for 1000/1200 in .22lr and got it in Staffs. They were concerned about my 500/600 7.62 though for some reason, and only on my ticket. Louise (same household, same time app, same interview) got 500/600 in both 7.62 and .308. I didn't ask for the .308 and got a grilling about the 7.62. He gave it to me in the end. Most odd.
Lou' must have had better biscuits! bangbang
Charlotte the flyer
Home club or Range: Classified

#13 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

She got the record for fastest aquisitions. Three slots filled within 10 minutes of picking the FACs up from the front desk of the cop shop. O:-)
The above post probably contains sarcasm or some other form of attempted wit, please don't take it to heart.
CDM5
Home club or Range: Tidworth RPC & Bisley

#14 Post by CDM5 »

Sorry no pictures tonight. Picking up an Anschutz match 64 tomorrow too ;)

Got another question: I've got a S1 shotgun on my FAC and buy/hold 200/300 slugs. Can I buy other types of cartridges without a shotgun certificate? I.e. birdshot.
CDM5

#15 Post by CDM5 »

Pics as promised
CDM5

#16 Post by CDM5 »

Took them to the range today.

The 10/22 is ammo fussy. Doesn't like the Geko ammo the club sells. Many failures to extract.
Ran mini mags fine though.

The Anschutz is great! I need a better scope though. I can see one hole groups in the future :good: