Black Powder RCO Course - MLAGB

Anything muzzle loading in here. Old and new, rifles, shotguns, pistols and even cannons!

Moderator: dromia

Mikaveli

Black Powder RCO Course - MLAGB

#1 Post by Mikaveli »

I'll be attending the black powder RCO course at Wedgnock this Saturday. Has anyone on the forum done the course before - any thoughts, opinions etc?
Ovenpaa

Re: Black Powder RCO Course - MLAGB

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Not done the BP RCO course however if it is like the normal NRA RCO and HME courses I would suggest you read the booklet and make as many notes as you can, the b repeat the process until you know it inside out prior to the course.

Hope it goes OK :good:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mikaveli

#3 Post by Mikaveli »

Thanks, but I'm worried now - I don't have a booklet or anything. Is there a link online I can read up about any specifics?
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#4 Post by dromia »

It is a long time since I did the BP course but from my recollection it was no where near as intense as the NRA one, it was a half day at best.

I wouldn't worry about it you should get all you need on the day, an email to MLAGB would clear it up in case it has progressed from when I did it.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#5 Post by pe4king »

I did it a couple of months ago, all ill say is that it serves a purpose, as Adam says it is not as intense as the NRA RCO more of an introduction to black powder shooting with a bit of practical work after lunch and a Q&A before dispersal.
In my opinion not very well structured as courses go but as I said it served its purpose.
Don't worry about the content of the course you will get all the literature you require.
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
saddler

#6 Post by saddler »

Did my MLAGB BP Instructor Course back in 2000...

It was a very enjoyable day, learned quite a few facts.

As Dromia says, it was a good day (though since he did HIS B/P course the percussion cap has been invented - it was all matchlocks & them new fangled flintlocks in Adams day....)