Anyone got one of these?

Anything muzzle loading in here. Old and new, rifles, shotguns, pistols and even cannons!

Moderator: dromia

Dougan

Re: Anyone got one of these?

#11 Post by Dougan »

Denno wrote:I have one of them, judging on the serial number I have the 3rd one. 2 other members of our club have them too. They are great fun and really well made.

I took a video of us finishing off some Halloween pumpkins a few weeks back. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9d8k77x9xw

Denno
Brilliant to see folk actually using them like that...so cool! tongueout
Meaty

#12 Post by Meaty »

Just a quick question,
How on earth do you aim them? Is it as hit-or-miss as it looks?
majordisorder

#13 Post by majordisorder »

Meaty wrote:Just a quick question,
You haven't see the EoTech equipped ones then? bangbang
Denno

#14 Post by Denno »

Meaty wrote:Just a quick question,
The rear of the cannon unscrews so they can be bore sighted ish - you can get a rough idea of elevation but then the process of screwing it back together and loading it means the cannon has moved so much that you wont be anywhere near where you think.

We just use HUGE targets or get closer to them!

Mark
Ovenpaa

#15 Post by Ovenpaa »

They do look like fun, makes me wonder if you can attach a tube above like a straw to sight through or maybe some simple sights albeit the sight radius is going to limit things.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Meaty

#16 Post by Meaty »

I quite like majordisorder's idea of fitting an EoTech-make it a bit Steam Punk esc ;) (sorry, I couldn't find a 'tongue-in-cheek' emoticon!)
450 Martini
Home club or Range: Swadlincote RPC

#17 Post by 450 Martini »

They seem intresting little models, but once you go full size its hard to go back to minature again. Mountain guns Field guns, garrison artillery i have used them all. One of the nicest ones was a 1890's built 15 pounder that was used by Devonport field gun trials team, this year i had a memorable afternoon pulling it around a palmerston fort parade ground.
Speaking of a replica cannon, anyone fancy one of these nice pieces? http://www.webley.co.uk/pages/heritage.html
Only costs £38,000!