Armatix GmbH: Smart System - Future or foe?

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

Re: Armatix GmbH: Smart System - Future or foe?

#21 Post by Sandgroper »

IsleShoot wrote:I accept this isn't far removed from S7.3 in that you could only use the firearm at a range fitted with the TRS but to my mind that is where the similarity ends. If a firearm fitted with this technology could be accepted as a S1 then the gun can go home with you just as any other. As for only you using it, nobody has stipulated that, I see no reason why you as the authorised owner couldn't lend it to another shooter in exactly the same way you'd let a fellow club member have a go on your AR straight pull, the only difference being you'd have to give them a watch to wear too! And the need for the strict supervision is negated by the whole concept of the system.

I can see the point you're making but at the same time I see it's limitations and am also of the opinion that we shouldn't be making things any more difficult ourselves.

If you're convinced by the concept write to your MP or another appropriate one, outline the benefits and make your case.

Your call.
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
IsleShoot

#22 Post by IsleShoot »

Sandgroper wrote:
If you're convinced by the concept write to your MP or another appropriate one, outline the benefits and make your case.

Your call.
Yep, did that about 3 weeks ago and asked him to make contact with Damien Green about the whole concept of smart guns being included as S1. Been away with work for a few weeks so hopefully there will be a letter from the HoC when I get back?

I also sent a letter to the BSSC who got back to me within 48hrs of it being posted, and I understand it is on the agenda for this Wednesday's Technical & Research Committee meeting.

If I get any feedback I'll post it here.
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#23 Post by Demonic69 »

Fingers crossed you don't get them made mandatory for what we currently have!

Sent from my HTC One using "An application"
IsleShoot

#24 Post by IsleShoot »

Demonic69 wrote:Fingers crossed you don't get them made mandatory for what we currently have!
That would be a disaster! But then fighting that might unify the whole shooting community in one common cause?
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#25 Post by Demonic69 »

Na, Alpha1 would still be sat in his shed grumbling about them taking his guns away ;)
tackb

#26 Post by tackb »

too much scope for abuse by the authorities that administer it for my liking .............