Cawdor 18 Jan 2015

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

DW58

Cawdor 18 Jan 2015

#1 Post by DW58 »

2015 started with a bang ... ... ... well lots of bangs ... ... ... as Cawdor R&GC held its first meet of the year this morning. Fifteen or sixteen members and guests asembled for a short range zeroing session, and despite a couple of inches of snow and a biting wind I think everyone enjoyed themselves, calibres in use ranged from .223 to .45-70.

Three prospective members signed up this morning including none other than Fedaykin who has relocated to Inverness from the Midlands.

I shot my new .308 Tikka T3/KRG X-Ray for the first time today and after a bit of faffing about (owing to my stubborness and failure to bore-sight it) I eventually got it zeroed.

A good day was had by all, and I thank goodness for my Ridgeline smock and trousers as it was brass monkey weather to be sure.

Here's to a good year at Cawdor, we meet next on Sunday 1st February for a Gallery Range day, and again on 15th Feb at Long Range.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Re: Cawdor 18 Jan 2015

#2 Post by Mike357 »

Fancy a day out at Cawdor at some point this year, look a good range.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
DW58

Re: Cawdor 18 Jan 2015

#3 Post by DW58 »

You'd be most welcome, but you'll need to contact the Chairman/Secretary in advance - details on the Club's website.

We've got a pretty full program for the coming year - see here [PDF file].