Latest buy

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Watcher

Re: Latest buy

#11 Post by Watcher »

I think we did say that you weren't allowed to post pictures of lovely pistols aaarggh
Sim G

#12 Post by Sim G »

saddler wrote:Probably Bill Jordan

No, it wasn't. Bill Jordan was actually one of the instigators in convincing S&W to make the lighter K frame in .357 for LEOs....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sim G

#13 Post by Sim G »

ordnance wrote:
Old N-frames are a different league to anything Bill Ruger ever punted out...
In what way. ?

I've owned both. I prefer the s&w, but, the GP100 is a fine revolver.

The Ruger is very much over built for a .357 "medium frame". You can never get the trigger to roll as nicely as a Smith, part due to the mass of the cylinder! And even with aftermarket grips, the Ruger does sit high in the hand.

Ruger have come out with a competition version of the GP100 which is slimmed down, including in the frame area.

Edit....

Have a look here.

http://www.realguns.com/images/differen ... dmatch.gif
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!