Range day at Bisley.

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

paulbradley

Range day at Bisley.

#1 Post by paulbradley »

I wrote a short article on a recent range day at Bisley. Hope you guys like it.
http://www.gunsandzen.com/at-the-range/ ... nd-photos/
phaedra1106

Re: Range day at Bisley.

#2 Post by phaedra1106 »

Nice report :)

I'm surprised the Axiom stock was a problem, I had a Howa 308 heavy varmint in one and it was excellent, no problem shooting sub-MOA groups with it at all.

I'd be very interested in the mobility exercises, I have osteo arthritis in my knees, hips, one shoulder and several fingers and rotator cuff damage so getting up and down is a real problem and I can't find a comfortable prone shooting position (as I can tell by the increasing number of "flyers" I'm getting).
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
DW58

#3 Post by DW58 »

phaedra1106 wrote:Nice report :)

I'd be very interested in the mobility exercises, I have osteo arthritis in my knees, hips, one shoulder and several fingers and rotator cuff damage so getting up and down is a real problem and I can't find a comfortable prone shooting position (as I can tell by the increasing number of "flyers" I'm getting).
I'm in a similar position owing to Arthritis in both knees, both elbows, both hand, plus acute FMS/CFS - I can't shoot prone, therefore have to use a portable bench which suits my needs quite well.

phaedra1106

#4 Post by phaedra1106 »

Phwoar!! Posh or what :)

Only problem is I'd never be able to carry it about 650yds down Ponteland B range to the 100yd point!!. Time to invest in a buggy or trolley of some sort I think, poor Jared is beginning to work out that I only take him shooting so he can carry the heavy stuff :)
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
DW58

#5 Post by DW58 »

I've got the same problem - luckily we have close vehicular access to all firing points at Cawdor and Glen Tilt otherwise I'd be stuffed. A trolley - either one of the shooting specific models, or cheaper/more easily obtained carp-fishers trollies is ideal and can carry everything.

For interest, I bought the legs for my bench on ebaY and my son (Blackburnbuccaneer on here) made the top for me. The complete bench cost around £60.
paulbradley

#6 Post by paulbradley »

Thanks for the feedback guys! I am going to speak to the NRA about running an afternoon class regarding improved mobility. I am hoping it can be free (i wont be charging anything anyway!). i will keep you updated :)