Horsford 14 September

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Cj10

Horsford 14 September

#1 Post by Cj10 »

Zeroed three rifles and let my 15 year old son shoot the confirmation group on my DTA.

He turned in an eight shot 0.58 inch group at 110 yards, which included one pulled shot which he called as he snatched the trigger. I packed up at that point.

He no longer wants my AW. Instead he needs his own DTA SRS.

Ceri
Dougan

Re: Horsford 14 September

#2 Post by Dougan »

Nice group, and nice shooting :good:

I had to look up 'DTA'...an interesting rifle.
Hoverfly

#3 Post by Hoverfly »

Nice rifle , are you up there with Grove?
Cj10

#4 Post by Cj10 »

Hoverfly wrote:Nice rifle , are you up there with Grove?
Yes, only shoot there occasionally. It depends on my son's football team's fixtures, as they play on a Sunday. If he hasn't got a game he will come with me to Horsford. If he's playing I play the role of Dad Taxi.

He is 16 in two weeks and youth football is coming to an end. Very sad, but on the plus side the Grove's new range licences allow him to join me at Barton Road this coming Saturday. (He already has a SCC).

Ceri
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

I so hate young eyes, best thing you can do is give him a swift slap to the back of the head and tell him he is walking home Ceri.

My son has threatened to show up for Barton Road come Saturday so that will be some more young(ish) eyes to look out for.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Cj10

#6 Post by Cj10 »

I'm looking forward to making use of one of the newly timed muzzle brakes this Saturday, David.

They both looked perfectly aligned when I mounted the barrels on the DTA.

Many thanks.

Ceri