New Red Dot Sight Mount

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

qws

New Red Dot Sight Mount

#1 Post by qws »

Hi just seen this in the USA a new mount that acts as traditional iron sights but allows fast in field fitting of a Red Dot. Visit http://www.sight-mount.com

Only £67.00 delivered to UK
Sim G

Re: New Red Dot Sight Mount

#2 Post by Sim G »

Clever... I like it. Really surprised it wasn't done before....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#3 Post by Mike357 »

That's cool!
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#4 Post by the running man »

Just how lono is that gonna last on a sig with the slide flinging back and fourth.....your Aim/target acusiton is gonna be right off and take ages to line up the next shot, not very clever in my opinion......
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#5 Post by Mike357 »

Doesn't stop the 3 Gun/IPSC guys. Depends on how well you control recoil!
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Lex

New Red Dot Sight Mount

#6 Post by Lex »

Red dots are used in IPSC Open Division where everyone shoots with a compensator to reduce recoil.
Brookers

#7 Post by Brookers »

Lex wrote:Red dots are used in IPSC Open Division where everyone shoots with a compensator to reduce recoil.
Really? I suggest you check out "Slide ride" on some of the IPSC or 3 gun forums, there is lots of inforamation on the Brain Enos
I remember shooting a .40 cal CZ for modified devision (no compensator or barrel ports there!) back around the year 2000 with a mini sight mounted to the slide. Considerably more recoile than a Sig .22 and that dot was more than up to the job, but then again it wasn't a £30 ebay job.

As for loosing the dot during recoil, If you learn how to hold a pistol properly and control the muzzel flip then I can assure you that you should be able to keep the dot in view the whole time. It should just bounce within the lense.

Brookers,

(shooting pistols since 92 and still messing around with all things practical pistol related) :run:
saddler

#8 Post by saddler »

There's already a wide choice of bases to fit the Burris onto a range of handguns.
The only difference here is that the mount is based around a standard rear-sight.
The Burris own make totally replace the rearsight, so are lower profile.