Pistol Shooting in Florida

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

Pistol Shooting in Florida

#1 Post by TattooedGun »

At Oak Ridge Gun Range, Orlando
Glock 17, 1911 .45, .357 Snubnosed Revolver
http://blog.stegough.com/index.php/shoo ... a-tourist/

At EOSS, East Orange Shooting Sports, Orlando
686+ S&W Revolver, 1911 .45 Springfield Armoury
http://blog.stegough.com/index.php/uk-v ... us-part-2/

Let me know what you think, of writeup and videos :)

Cheers :D
ordnance

Re: Pistol Shooting in Florida

#2 Post by ordnance »

Looks like a fun day out. I have a 1911 .45 fun to shoot but can be expensive if you are not reloading, £ 15 for 50 rounds in the UK.
TattooedGun

#3 Post by TattooedGun »

Hmm... I think it worked out at £90 or so for 2 of us shooting on 1 lane, 1 firearm rental and 100 .45 rounds and 100 .38 spl rounds + eyes and ears... So it's not drastically cheaper in the states. I'm sure if you went to Wallyworld (walmart) you'd be able to pick up ammo cheaper though.

I'd certainly be progressive pressing my rounds as my dad used to if I had one here. Fat chance of that though :(
ordnance

#4 Post by ordnance »

I'd certainly be progressive pressing my rounds as my dad used to if I had one here. Fat chance of that though :(
Reloading is something I have thought about, I am thinking of buying a .357 revolver at some time, if i do I will seriously look at reloading. Reminds me I was at the range on Saturday I saw one guy that does reload hammering a round out of the barrel, bad reload. :)
TattooedGun

#5 Post by TattooedGun »

Lol, sounds like it! :p

My dad had a .357 magnum revolver, but he used to load .38 spl with a downloaded powder charge in order to make it accurate. You can certainly get more out of the rounds when you tailor the load to the pistol. Much like rifles really. And you can still hammer your wrists with the .357 when you want to... :p haha.

Maybe I should move to N.Ireland... you guys have access to funner toys... :p
froggy

#6 Post by froggy »

Bummer, your pics get blocked - I will not be satisfied until I see of pic of that large grin brightening up your ugly mug while your shooting O:-)

Considering that it was a "walk-in shoot" (I assume), I actually think it is pretty good rates & that price of ammo sounds very decent ? I pay € 25 a box of 11.45 (~ USD 27/50) when I borrow a 1911 in France ...

Which was your fav hand-gun Ste ?
TattooedGun

#7 Post by TattooedGun »

froggy wrote:Bummer, your pics get blocked - I will not be satisfied until I see of pic of that large grin brightening up your ugly mug while your shooting O:-)

Considering that it was a "walk-in shoot" (I assume), I actually think it is pretty good rates & that price of ammo sounds very decent ? I pay € 25 a box of 11.45 (~ USD 27/50) when I borrow a 1911 in France ...

Which was your fav hand-gun Ste ?
It has always been the 1911 .45 ACP.

Since I saw them on video games when I was little, I always wanted to fire one, although I've shot some pretty bad examples, it never fails to get that massive grin :)

When you get a nice 1911 Theres nothing in my opinion that will beat it. :)
PrecisionGunnerUK

#8 Post by PrecisionGunnerUK »

Next time you go try the Orlando Gun Club (Google it)
Less touristy, much more professional in how they run the range compared to the other two. I've shot at them all and will now only go back to the OGC. Seen too many safety transgressions with grossly inexperienced shooters on the other two.

As a bonus it's close to Bass Pro and a large shopping mall.
TattooedGun

#9 Post by TattooedGun »

Thanks PrecisionGunner, We're heading back again to the parks next year by all accounts, so I'll have a look in if I get chance again :)