Taurus Scope Rail

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

dave_303

Taurus Scope Rail

#1 Post by dave_303 »

My old man has been lent a scope rail for his .357 Taurus, he struggles with picking up a decent sight picture these days so wanted to mount a red dot, burris fastfire style sight.

He has been lent a taurus made mount that fits onto the ventilated rib, problem is that its loose and wobbles, are these mounts universal (shooting supplies advertises them as universal), if they are, they is it a case of shimming it or some other way of making it usable as a stable platform?
Sim G

Re: Taurus Scope Rail

#2 Post by Sim G »

Locktite on mine, Dave. Not had an issue with it.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
dave_303

#3 Post by dave_303 »

Sim G wrote:Locktite on mine, Dave. Not had an issue with it.
I take it you had some play in the mount as well Simon?
Did you remove the rear sight first or can it stay in place?
Sim G

#4 Post by Sim G »

Rear sight was left in place. Thinking about it, there are two different scope rails made. One medium, one large.... He may have been lent a large one. Honestly, mine was snug and dropped straight on. Locktite was purely what I do anyway...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!