Sig Sauer P226 Review - After picking at the Phoenix Meet

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Sim G

Re: Sig Sauer P226 Review - After picking at the Phoenix Mee

#11 Post by Sim G »

Doesn't differ at all in essence, apart from the length. Hypothetically, if rimfire pistols were allowed once again on s1, all qws would have to would be have it cut to the length of the slide and re crowned. Or have it cut a little long and screw threaded for a proper mod....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
saddler

#12 Post by saddler »

Sim G wrote:Doesn't differ at all in essence, apart from the length. Hypothetically, if rimfire pistols were allowed once again on s1, all qws would have to would be have it cut to the length of the slide and re crowned. Or have it cut a little long and screw threaded for a proper mod....
Unlike the Browning Buckmarks - where the carbine & pistol versions have totally different barrel assemblies - to prevent a carbine owner installing a sub-16" pistol barrel & making the gun Class III (under US Law)
safetyfirst

#13 Post by safetyfirst »

Sensitive Sim they call him back on the farm.
joe

#14 Post by joe »

Sim G wrote:You spoiled a half decent review and I don't know if you're trying to justify to yourself or convince us...

Reliability? Accuracy? Ammo sensitivity? And then to claim it's the best.... Well. That's a bold claim with such limited exposure to handguns on the whole and LBPs specifically. I managed to shoot Techguys GSG 1911 on Friday. Off hand at 25m, put 13 rounds into 2 inches. Then fired another two magazines, 26 rounds, in quick two and three shot strings keeping them all in the black of a 20 yard pistol target. So how much better?

The Sig P226 is a legendary pistol, but your LBP is a long way off from that. You've paid a lot of money for your pistol and having the six mags "fettled". I'm really glad you like it and ultimately, that's where the real tests start and finish, how you feel,

this sig 22lr conversion use the same lower frame as 9mm sig ! in fact sig offers xchange kits for 9mm and .357 sig so you can fit a 9mm sig slide on this pistol! off course that would be illegal in the commuist sheeple republic of england

as for reblity, all 22 rim fire ammo will jamb / cause a failure no matter what gun its chambered for
i think tough icon sould of used a sporting chamber rather then a bentz chember

as for the gsg the quality is s*** ! that gsg would of been long dead and gone while the sig would still be happy popping away i know i had a gsg-5 ! the barrel was so cack, it split in the chamber ! i think it was an airgun barrel
Sim G

#15 Post by Sim G »

joe wrote: this sig 22lr conversion use the same lower frame as 9mm sig !

The wife's Fiesta has Pirelli tyres on it. The same make as supplies Formula 1..... Doesn't mean it would go round Silverstone just as well.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
joe

#16 Post by joe »

Sim G wrote:
joe wrote: this sig 22lr conversion use the same lower frame as 9mm sig !

The wife's Fiesta has Pirelli tyres on it. The same make as supplies Formula 1..... Doesn't mean it would go round Silverstone just as well.
yes, but its .22lr rimfire ! cannot expect centre fire reliablty
its bullshit that we can only have .22lr but there it is !
for whats it worth these .22lr sig conversions kit have got very good reviews in the states

on side note i suprised that these types of 22lbp's ie conversion kits havent been declared readly converterable by ACPO and the daily sheeple and BAN BAN BAN BAN f*** BAN
bradaz11
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#17 Post by bradaz11 »

Sim G wrote:

it'd be more reliable than a Mclaren though...
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
saddler

#18 Post by saddler »

bradaz11 wrote:
Sim G wrote:

it'd be more reliable than a Mclaren though...
....and quite a bit faster on the downhill stretches
bradaz11
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#19 Post by bradaz11 »

Sim G wrote:The breech block has the barrel screwed into it. The extractor groove can be seen in the right hand vertical edge of the block and the start of the feed ramp just below that. The extractor itself is contained in the slide. The long "hook" is the ejector, which is fixed also to the breech block. The "hump" on the top of the block in the pic, (bottom of block in operation) is the cam that locates and locks the block/barrel into the frame as this is a blowback operated gun and not the modified Browning recoil operated system as per the full bore Sig.
thanks for that. I was looking at an exploded veiw of a 9mm and couldn't see what looked to be that part, which was why i asked
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
joe

#20 Post by joe »

thanks for that. I was looking at an exploded veiw of a 9mm and couldn't see what looked to be that part, which was why i asked[/quote]

that would be nice having a 9mm one ! yet we cant be trusted with them even in lbp format however its ok to have a .44 magnum lbr wallhead wallhead