3D Printed Magazines for Pistols & AR15's

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

qws

3D Printed Magazines for Pistols & AR15's

#1 Post by qws »

I have just come across this Canadian company producing magazines via using 3D printing technology. Has anyone had any experiance with the products and or the company. I am looking at purchasing some more magazines for my LBP P266

http://shop.gsdesigns.ca/main.sc

Looks like a great new use of technology
Gazoo

Re: 3D Printed Magazines for Pistols & AR15's

#2 Post by Gazoo »

No, but I have been thinking 3D printer to get some mags for my .22 AP74 Armi Jager rifle , just didn't know how to go about it or what cost might be.
joe

#3 Post by joe »

[quote="qws"]I have just come across this Canadian company producing magazines via using 3D printing technology. Has anyone had any experiance with the products and or the company. I am looking at purchasing some more magazines for my LBP P266

http://shop.gsdesigns.ca/main.sc

Looks like a great new use of technology[/quote

I take it you still can't get hold of Mike then since you not getting your mags from him ?
nickb834

#4 Post by nickb834 »

I've got a 3d printer and I'm working on just such a thing for some of my rim fires - I'm using it to rapid prototype rather than make a final product as the resolution will always be a little rough and at high resolution the print times are looooong.

It is however a fun little project and in tinkering with this both me and the lad are learning something.
qws

#5 Post by qws »

Joe, You are right I still cannot get hold of Mike. Bit it was Mike who mentioned this Canadain company who make these special hold open magazines. It juust took me some time to track them down. I have seen a video on You Tube showing how good they are. Also available in about 10 different colours.

I have just ordered 6 from Alex, but due to getting export agreement could be 6-8 weeks for delivery but at $39.00 (£25.00) each worth the wait. $49 for shipping

ps Sig Still working well, no problems. I did try removing the spacer in the magazine so they hold 16 rounds, but this stopped the hold open from working, so put them back to 10 rounds, hold open back working.

I have also ordered the new SRC-17 (Glock) just waiting on delivery. I hope it is as good as it seems
joe

#6 Post by joe »

qws wrote:Joe, You are right I still cannot get hold of Mike. Bit it was Mike who mentioned this Canadain company who make these special hold open magazines. It juust took me some time to track them down. I have seen a video on You Tube showing how good they are. Also available in about 10 different colours.

I have just ordered 6 from Alex, but due to getting export agreement could be 6-8 weeks for delivery but at $39.00 (£25.00) each worth the wait. $49 for shipping

ps Sig Still working well, no problems. I did try removing the spacer in the magazine so they hold 16 rounds, but this stopped the hold open from working, so put them back to 10 rounds, hold open back working.

I have also ordered the new SRC-17 (Glock) just waiting on delivery. I hope it is as good as it seems

i saw that link, he also does .22lr mag thats inserts into the body of a 9mm magzine which use the orginally slide lock and adds more waight
qws

#7 Post by qws »

Joe,

I also saw the inserts for centre fire mags. These would be great, but I am not sure we would be allowed to import 9mm or any calibre centre fire magazines for pistols ?

If possible I would look at buying P226 centre fire mags and converting them. But I think it would double the cost of each mag - So expensive.
joe

#8 Post by joe »

qws wrote:Joe,

I also saw the inserts for centre fire mags. These would be great, but I am not sure we would be allowed to import 9mm or any calibre centre fire magazines for pistols ?

If possible I would look at buying P226 centre fire mags and converting them. But I think it would double the cost of each mag - So expensive.
no, magazines are NOT restricted!! you can buy a whole load of uzi mags if you really want

http://www.brownells.co.uk/epages/UK.sf ... /732000424

hopfully mike will be back soon, i thinking about placing an order!
Hunter87

#9 Post by Hunter87 »

Wouldn't it be more cost effective to just buy them