Manufrance

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa

Manufrance

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

A text came in this morning, did I want a shotgun? No thanks I thought however I wandered over to have a look and a Manufrance Pump Action was thrust into my hands as the owner no longer needed it. Now I must admit I have never heard of the things and a quick Google would suggest they were built by a third party however it looks rather handy and apparently has been used to great effect against the local Crow population.

Does anyone know anything about them?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
TomH

Re: Manufrance

#2 Post by TomH »

There were certainly a lot of them advertised in the 70's as the Rapid Pump. They look very Remington 870 like as I recall although an alloy action.
Daryll
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#3 Post by Daryll »

I seem to remember having one, i think Semi Auto, back when i first started shooting, in the mid 80s.... that went long ago..
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

It does look very similar to the 870 and I have read that it shares some components although I have noticed the slide release catch is a round ambidextrous button on the Manufrance. Of course the question is how much does it share when it comes to spares... regardless of heritage it is super slick to use and has a pleasant feel to it. Now I need to decide what to do with it :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal