Guntrader leak

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

Re: Guntrader leak

#91 Post by Blackstuff »

Hopefully with the number of people reporting it the IOC and Police will start to take this seriously. A member of my club (who isn't on there) has been badgering both and neither seem to be giving it the urgent attention it demands. You'd think someone had accidentally sent their phone number to the wrong email address with the laissez-faire responses he's been getting
DVC
BamBam

#92 Post by BamBam »

I've found my phone number and post code in the list, only a few houses to choose from in my post code.
In recent weeks I'm getting 3-4 spam calls and texts a day.
Everything is currently in storage until I upgrade my security.
Practical shooter

#93 Post by Practical shooter »

I cant access the list to check
BamBam

#94 Post by BamBam »

Practical shooter

#95 Post by Practical shooter »

It won't let me download the data sadly to see if I have been included sadly. Keeps saying there is a problem
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#96 Post by Pippin89 »

Practical shooter wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:06 pm It won't let me download the data sadly to see if I have been included sadly. Keeps saying there is a problem
I have a copy of it. If you want me to check for you then send me your first and last name and I will let you know if its there.
Pete
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#97 Post by Pete »

What's the size of the file, please?

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Polchraine

#98 Post by Polchraine »

I emailed the ICO this morning and their response included:

If you have made a new complaint - we’re unlikely to look into it unless you have raised it with the responsible organisation (for a data protection complaint) or the responsible public authority (for a freedom of information complaint) first. Please make sure you have sent us a copy of their final response to you. We will assign your complaint to a case officer as soon as we can, and they will contact you in due course.

That means I have to identify myself to them - which I am not prepared to do. I called ICO and they said they will not do anything until that stage had been undertaken - public safety and illegally hosting data did not seem to worry them! ANd to think, I actually pay money to ICO.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Brian838
Home club or Range: Offa's Dyke.

#99 Post by Brian838 »

BamBam wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:00 pm http://huntingleaks.is/news/
Ironically, huntingleaks complain about people using their supporters data:

We hope this website helps to instigate multiple GDPR claims against the Countryside Alliance and we urge everyone to consider acting alone or as a group, the course of this action should start by seeking legal advice so that you can find out if the CA do hold any information on you, if they do then you may be entitled to compensation, this includes money for distress. Full guidance can be found here:
https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/yo ... eing-used/

We do not know how long it will take for the Countryside Alliance to close down their database, make a public apology and adequately compensate their victims, but until they do we will remain online publishing information passed on to us about hunts.
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#100 Post by IainWR »

To check if you were compromised, go to this site and enter your email:

https://haveibeenpwned.com/