Cawdor 08/04/12

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

MrD

Re: Cawdor 08/04/12

#11 Post by MrD »

Sandgroper wrote:I, on the other hand, really enjoyed the little beast. :shakeshout:
The recoil is firm but manageable (I'll let MrD describe his thoughts on the M95), the action is nice and slick. The sights aren't the best, but I haven't shot ironsights in such a long time that the fault probably lies with me rather than the rifle itself. Verdict - more practice required.
I'd describe it as 'lively.' It felt like my MH, both with the kick and the blast - all that was missing was the cloud of smoke :grin: Could even get used to the straight-pull, but being a leftie, the sling swivels made for an interesting grip!

It was a great day (you missed out on the wee shower Sandgroper) with a very friendly atmosphere. As a non-Strath member I was made to feel very welcome and picked up a good few tips. As for the scores....... maybe the less said the better :oops:
Save it for a mammal who cares!

http://www.cawdorrifleandgunclub.co.uk/
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#12 Post by Sandgroper »

MrD wrote: As for the scores....... maybe the less said the better :oops:
Rounds down range - that's all matters! :good:
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Andy632

#13 Post by Andy632 »

Sandgroper wrote:
Andy632 wrote:
Sandgroper wrote:Spent the morning and early afternoon at Cawdor taking part in Strathpeffer Rifle and Pistol Club) Service Rifle comp. I thought it would be the perfect outing for the Steyr M95.

While I went to shoot the comp, I was mainly going to meet MrD (great to meet another Forum member in the flesh) and to catch up with the club happenings.

Me shooting MrD's SMLE :good:
DSCF0016.JPG
All in all a really good day, the one downside is that my tendon in my left ankle popped out again, even though I was wearing my AFO's ( **** uneven ground). It might just have to be something I have to get used to, even so still great fun! :good:

Somehow I was under the impression that you were Cack-handed????? Am I wrong again?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No, not really, but a bit of both! :G My master eye is my left eye and I found with the POSP scope on the Saiga (AK) eye relief was better when I shot it left handed. BTW I spent five years shooting the Steyr AUG left handed as well!

I am sorely tempted to get a left handed BA rifle just for the hell of it, not to mention the confusion it would cause! :twisted:

I thought so.

:flag6:
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#14 Post by Sandgroper »

Busted! :lol:

desparado

#15 Post by desparado »

Nice to see Cawdor getting a mention.
A good wee sheltered range - apart from the midges!
Hope to get back sometime.

Cheers.
Andy632

#16 Post by Andy632 »

desparado wrote:Nice to see Cawdor getting a mention.
A good wee sheltered range - apart from the midges!
Hope to get back sometime.

Cheers.
Next Service Rifle shoot 20th May, Neville's Charity shoot in aid of Parkinsons UK, all welcome afaik!

Another one I'll miss due to work!!! :cry:
Andy632

#17 Post by Andy632 »

For anyone in the Highlands Area.
Sunday 13th May, Strathpeffer Rifle Club Practice day at Cawdor. Bring along anything you want to shoot; starting at the 100/200 firing point and moving back as the day progresses.

Usual start time, 09:00 for setting up the range, 09:30 for Range Safety Brief, 10:00 for first shot downrange.

Good chance to zero your rifles for the CSR Charity shoot on the 20th.

Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#18 Post by Sandgroper »

Andy632 wrote:For anyone in the Highlands Area.
Sunday 13th May, Strathpeffer Rifle Club Practice day at Cawdor. Bring along anything you want to shoot; starting at the 100/200 firing point and moving back as the day progresses.

Usual start time, 09:00 for setting up the range, 09:30 for Range Safety Brief, 10:00 for first shot downrange.

Good chance to zero your rifles for the CSR Charity shoot on the 20th.

Unfortunately I won't be there - my sons birthday is on Sunday. Might make the 20th?

Andy632

#19 Post by Andy632 »

One week tomorrow, Sunday 10th June.

Strath club 'F' class club competition; all welcome. I'm sure the actual comp won't take too long then we've got the rest of the day to shoot whatever we like all the way back to 600 yards.

Usual start time, 09:00 for range set up; 09:30 for safety brief; 10:00 first shot down the Range. Maybe the opportunity to check zero at the 100/200 yard range.

All being well, I'll be there and have some .223, 5.56, 7.62 & .303 ammo for sale.
Bring your own food.

Did I say, all welcome but it will cost you £5.00.

:flag6: :flag13: :flag6: