NTTC Assault Rifle Course - 25/26-Oct-2014, Czech Republic.

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

Re: NTTC Assault Rifle Course - 25/26-Oct-2014, Czech Republ

#11 Post by Blackstuff »

tongueout tongueout Can you give a ball park figure on the cost of the course/whole package? (PM me if preferred)

Cheers
DVC
froggy

#12 Post by froggy »

Yahoooo Steve .... Good one !! That is a hell of a range report :good:

It was wonderfull to eventually meet you "cyber" guys in flesh.
Well done for making the first step in the unknown, especially in a different country with all those johnny foreigners around and for your open mind trying a lot that sometime clash with what you are used. (NTTC is now standard in a lot of forces).

Most important I am so glad you all seem to have enjoyed it and learnt a lot. By now you realise one of my pleasure in life is to spread the "Good Word" and share less static & rigid ways of shooting and use more exciting guns.

I am unashamedly delighted to have perverted you lot O:-)

Tovarich Snayperskaya you are indeed correct - I used an old school yugo M70 on saturday and tried the mini beryl on sunday. It has amazing balance & is a natural pointer but the flip sights suck, going from short to long in the middle of firing. Not good. It was my first time with it, so I dont know if the problem was specific to the gun I was using or generic.
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#13 Post by TattooedGun »

Blackstuff wrote:tongueout tongueout Can you give a ball park figure on the cost of the course/whole package? (PM me if preferred)

Cheers
Return Flights were £185 from BHX to Prague via munich/brussels.
Total Package: Flights, Transfers, Range, Training, Ammo, all equipment and meals was a very respectable £400
Spending cash: I drew out £95 (3000Kc) at an ATM as we entered Prague, as we were originally planning on heading into Prague, but on the Saturday a lot of people backed out which made it not really viable in taxi costs to get to Prague and back. However at £1.10 per pint at the hotel bar, I don't think anyone minded for too long.
I came back with well over 2000Kc (Which Ill be saving for next trip..) I think my biggest expenditure was cigarettes (40 Marlboro lights at 90Kc (£2.60~) per pack (20))...

Total cost (for me, I could have got flights a little cheaper if I'd got them sooner): around £620 not including currency I bought back.
raybrown53

#14 Post by raybrown53 »

snayperskaya wrote:
TattooedGun wrote:I think you may be talking about Froggy... with the black AK type thingy...

I dunno exactly what it was... it was a 5.56 AK, but I couldn't tell you the make.

I'm sure he'll have more info...

Thats the one, definitely looks like a Beryl carbine
Yes it is a Polish Beryl.
raybrown53

#15 Post by raybrown53 »

snayperskaya wrote:
TattooedGun wrote:I think you may be talking about Froggy... with the black AK type thingy...

I dunno exactly what it was... it was a 5.56 AK, but I couldn't tell you the make.

I'm sure he'll have more info...

Thats the one, definitely looks like a Beryl carbine
Yes it is a Polish Beryl I believe. The other AK that Froggy used was a Yugo one I think.
raybrown53

#16 Post by raybrown53 »

TattooedGun wrote:
Blackstuff wrote:tongueout tongueout Can you give a ball park figure on the cost of the course/whole package? (PM me if preferred)

Cheers
Return Flights were £185 from BHX to Prague via munich/brussels.
Total Package: Flights, Transfers, Range, Training, Ammo, all equipment and meals was a very respectable £400
Spending cash: I drew out £95 (3000Kc) at an ATM as we entered Prague, as we were originally planning on heading into Prague, but on the Saturday a lot of people backed out which made it not really viable in taxi costs to get to Prague and back. However at £1.10 per pint at the hotel bar, I don't think anyone minded for too long.
I came back with well over 2000Kc (Which Ill be saving for next trip..) I think my biggest expenditure was cigarettes (40 Marlboro lights at 90Kc (£2.60~) per pack (20))...

Total cost (for me, I could have got flights a little cheaper if I'd got them sooner): around £620 not including currency I bought back.
As above but flights for me direct from Bristol to Prague with easyjet were £120 (again I could have gotten cheaper if I had booked earlier) I did do a last minute change at Prague to get a front row seat and that cost me £17 extra. Came back with most of my cash too. All in excellent value for a weekend away. Hotel was good staff very friendly with very short skirts in some instances. Only issues lack of brew making facilities, tired decor in the hotel room and my training diet had to take a back seat as I dont think they have heard of greens in CZ ;) but still only minor things.

Plus side getting to learn from a couple of very knowledgeable French chaps on use of the VZ and all the skill at arms stuff. Oh and we now have a grown up version of the panini sticker books that I have an urge to fill now ;)
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#17 Post by snayperskaya »

froggy wrote:Yahoooo Steve .... Good one !! That is a hell of a range report :good:

It was wonderfull to eventually meet you "cyber" guys in flesh.
Well done for making the first step in the unknown, especially in a different country with all those johnny foreigners around and for your open mind trying a lot that sometime clash with what you are used. (NTTC is now standard in a lot of forces).

Most important I am so glad you all seem to have enjoyed it and learnt a lot. By now you realise one of my pleasure in life is to spread the "Good Word" and share less static & rigid ways of shooting and use more exciting guns.

I am unashamedly delighted to have perverted you lot O:-)

Tovarich Snayperskaya you are indeed correct - I used an old school yugo M70 on saturday and tried the mini beryl on sunday. It has amazing balance & is a natural pointer but the flip sights suck, going from short to long in the middle of firing. Not good. It was my first time with it, so I dont know if the problem was specific to the gun I was using or generic.
The Beryl looks nice, very reminiscent of an AK-74u with that short barrel and flash hider.Have some fond memories of the Zastava M70 from the early 90's, very accurate (for an AK) due to the thicker receiver and non-chromed barrel but Russian corrosive ammo could take its toil if you didn't clean regularly and thoroughly and the flip up grenade sight was a bonus.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#18 Post by Blackstuff »

Thanks for the info guys (and the PM Froggy). I think there may well be a visit on the cards for me next year tongueout
DVC
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#19 Post by TattooedGun »

I can no longer edit my post, but in my cost breakdown the second line "Total Package: Flights, Transfers, Range, Training, Ammo, all equipment and meals was a very respectable £400" should not read "Flights", everything else was covered by the £400 though...