Buckmark slide release hold open question

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Sixshot6

Re: Buckmark slide release hold open question

#11 Post by Sixshot6 »

saddler wrote:Love mine too - but first time I stripped it I lost a small plastic clip from the spring assembly.
Mine's had the sear flipped, easy task.

Run it with a Burris FastFire; they look strange when you see them with massive scopes!

WAS going to replace the grey laminate stock with a walnut one, but after buying it the forend does not fit as mine has the bull barrel.
May replace the forend wood with an M1928 front grip if I can find a donor one...
Its a buckmark LBP and after reading the manual I'd rather not do anything too it, it seems any unauthorized gunsmithing voids the warranty so will not touch.

Also the razor is only slightly larger than a fast fire and even a sparc 2 is pretty compact.
Brookers

#12 Post by Brookers »

Sixshot6 wrote:
Its a buckmark LBP and after reading the manual I'd rather not do anything too it, it seems any unauthorized gunsmithing voids the warranty so will not touch.
Seeing that it would have started it's life as a Buckmark Rifle before someone trimmed it down in to it's LBP format I would suspect that the Browning warranty is void anyway?

Flipping the spring really makes a difference.

Brookers
saddler

#13 Post by saddler »

Brookers wrote:
Sixshot6 wrote:
Seeing that it would have started it's life as a Buckmark Rifle before someone trimmed it down in to it's LBP format I would suspect that the Browning warranty is void anyway?

Brookers
Was thinking the same.
Handled a few 150 Models back in my days with Browning...as the Buckmark wasn't out then.

ALL the LBP Buckmarks began life as a rifle so have been heavily chopped up = factory warranty null & void
Sixshot6

#14 Post by Sixshot6 »

saddler wrote:
Brookers wrote:
Sixshot6 wrote:

Brookers
Was thinking the same.
Handled a few 150 Models back in my days with Browning...as the Buckmark wasn't out then.

ALL the LBP Buckmarks began life as a rifle so have been heavily chopped up = factory warranty null & void
True I that it is, but I enjoy it as is and I'm learning how to get to grips with it and it feels really good.
Tony-c

#15 Post by Tony-c »

Takes trigger to about 2.5lb I done loads with mine and love it.
Im crap with it but it makes me smile.
selling all my guns now as I have no time to shoot. But the buckmark will be last to go.