Buckmark slide release hold open question

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Sixshot6

Buckmark slide release hold open question

#1 Post by Sixshot6 »

I have a browning buckmark and having broke it in, I have noticed a change. The slide hold open now comes up when I first rack the slide back rather than after I've fired the last round of a magazine. Is that a normal thing that happens with buckmark LBP's or should I be worried?
saddler

Re: Buckmark slide release hold open question

#2 Post by saddler »

...is that with a mag in (an empty mag.), or empty?
Sixshot6

#3 Post by Sixshot6 »

saddler wrote:...is that with a mag in (an empty mag.), or empty?
With a magazine in, does that affect it? It is an empty mag and being at home I do not want to try and do it. Do you think its just because its an empty magazine? I know last round hold open is for empty mags.

Edit: Without a mag it goes straight down. What a fool I am, what part of Last round hold open do I not understand.
Last edited by Sixshot6 on Sun May 10, 2015 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bradaz11
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#4 Post by bradaz11 »

you're suprised that the empty mag hold open is working when you are using an empty mag?
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Sixshot6

#5 Post by Sixshot6 »

bradaz11 wrote:you're supprised that the empty mag hold open is working when you are using an empty mag?
I know I'm having a ditzy moment. I guess I just get spooked sometimes. I won't say why but I get spooked when something goes wrong and a minor thing that wasn't buckmark related happened at the weekend so I apologize for being spooked.

Funny story, I had the same reaction first time I saw this with the vz58, even though I knew of it from before hand I was surprised when I saw it.
saddler

#6 Post by saddler »

Empty mag. hold open...how's that work again??

Better that you checked though, the saying goes the only stupid question is the one that's not asked...
Sixshot6

#7 Post by Sixshot6 »

saddler wrote:Empty mag. hold open...how's that work again??

Better that you checked though, the saying goes the only stupid question is the one that's not asked...
that is true, very true. I got spooked after a red dot failed me and to be fair it was a piece of crap, I'm putting a vortex on as I like their stuff, its well priced and comes with a lifetime unconditional warranty, what else is there to like? I got one on the VZ58 and have another coming. But it did dent my confidence a bit. And its true that without asking you never learn. How does knowledge pass with out questions asked?
Tony-c

#8 Post by Tony-c »

Buckmarks are great.
Have you flipped the sear spring?

Ive modified mine and fitting a racking aid to the slide as i struggle to grip it and cock the action
saddler

#9 Post by saddler »

Love mine too - but first time I stripped it I lost a small plastic clip from the spring assembly.
Mine's had the sear flipped, easy task.

Run it with a Burris FastFire; they look strange when you see them with massive scopes!

WAS going to replace the grey laminate stock with a walnut one, but after buying it the forend does not fit as mine has the bull barrel.
May replace the forend wood with an M1928 front grip if I can find a donor one...
bradaz11
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#10 Post by bradaz11 »

here you go

http://www.epicmilitaria.com/product.ph ... tical-grip

they also have 1928a1 grips, no m1a1's though
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns