taurus 980 questions

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Sixshot6

Re: taurus 980 questions

#11 Post by Sixshot6 »

Sim G wrote:It means both medium and large framed revolvers with a square butt grip frame, use the same grip size.
oh I see, I'll tell my dad that Sim. Then if the rail is there in the box he's putting a red dot on. Do you know of any speed loaders for 980's?
Demonic69

#12 Post by Demonic69 »

Sim, how is a revolver picky with .22 ammo? Is it accuracy or something else?
Sim G

#13 Post by Sim G »

Sixshot6 wrote:Do you know of any speed loaders for 980's?

There's a guy in the U.S. Who makes rimfire speed loaders, including for the Taurus, but, he doesn't make them for the 980. I've emailed I don't know how many times seeing if he will make them, considering the extent of the 980 UK wise, but never had a reply.

Speed-Beez is the company.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sim G

#14 Post by Sim G »

Demonic69 wrote:Sim, how is a revolver picky with .22 ammo? Is it accuracy or something else?

Accuracy.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Sixshot6

#15 Post by Sixshot6 »

Sim G wrote:
Sixshot6 wrote:Do you know of any speed loaders for 980's?

There's a guy in the U.S. Who makes rimfire speed loaders, including for the Taurus, but, he doesn't make them for the 980. I've emailed I don't know how many times seeing if he will make them, considering the extent of the 980 UK wise, but never had a reply.

Speed-Beez is the company.
I found them, did see a smith and wesson 22 mag 7 shoot speed loader. How close is the base of 22lr to 22 win mag? You reckon they might fit?
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#16 Post by mag41uk »

Diameter of 22wing mag is a few thou larger to stop it fitting into 22lr "orificesess"
Sixshot6

#17 Post by Sixshot6 »

mag41uk wrote:Diameter of 22wing mag is a few thou larger to stop it fitting into 22lr "orificesess"
I meant fitting the 22lr cartridges into the 22 win mag slots so its not going to happen? what if the a little mod was done to said speed loaders? Any idea if a little bit of fitting finely could keep the 22lr cases in there?
Sim G

#18 Post by Sim G »

LR won't fit in a mag speed loader. On top of which, cartridge positions for the chambers would no doubt be different.

Sixshot6

#19 Post by Sixshot6 »

Sim G wrote:LR won't fit in a mag speed loader. On top of which, cartridge positions for the chambers would no doubt be different.
hmm, we're at an impasse here then Sim. I was going to suggest some kind of 22lr 7 round moon clip but it seems not feasible either.
Sixshot6

#20 Post by Sixshot6 »

Might have found a partial solution, http://www.wamungo.com/PrintModel/Detai ... 10406cffb8

its a 5 shot 22lr moonclip for a 3d printer. If it could be changed to 7 shot and taken to someone with a 3d printer, what do you reckon? Doable at all?