Ka-Bar knives and the Zombie apocalypse.

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Christel
Site Admin

Re: Ka-Bar knives and the Zombie apocalypse.

#11 Post by Christel »

I read that the Leatherman Charge TTi was recommended as a zombie tool however at that price (about £130) I think I will have a look around for an alternative.
Porcupine

#12 Post by Porcupine »

Don't bother with the TTI version, get the AL. It's 3/4 the price. The only differences are that the handles are made of aluminium instead of titanium (which is actually lighter) and the knife blade is made of 154CM steel instead of S30V. Both are excellent steels and while S30V is probably the better steel it's a bit like arguing 9mm vs .40. You can pick them up for £100 in the UK but they're just $75 in the US. With shipping, tax and duty, importing one would cost around £85.
Christel
Site Admin

#13 Post by Christel »

Went looking for what Porcupine suggested and spotted this!!
:G

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wenger-Swiss-Ar ... 760&sr=1-4

sign01
Christel
Site Admin

#14 Post by Christel »

I know this thread is moving all over the place from knives to multitools, no matter O:-)
As long as we are suitably equipped for the zombie attack :lol:

My question is...

I have got my eye on one of the Leatherman multitools, is there a better brand?
Yes, I know some if not all of the Leathermens are a "locker".
CopperSkink

#15 Post by CopperSkink »

I have a Leatherman Wave - very common multitool - I love mine, I havn't used it in any real tough situations, but its definately a good all-rounder. Comes in Black aswell if you like the tactical look (costs more of course)
Ovenpaa

#16 Post by Ovenpaa »

I used to work with a Project Manager that was crossing the outback in a Toyota Landcruiser when he hit a Red, it demolished the front end of his car and he was very proud of the fact that he fixed it with a Gerber, some Zip Ties and an axe, mostly becaus that was his tool kit...

That was about how he ran his projects as well ****
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dougan

#17 Post by Dougan »

I can definately recommend leatherman - I've used and abused a leatherman wave for over 10 years, and it is still solid and virtually corrosion free :good:

Surely the only blade suitable for zombies would have to be petrol driven :twisted:

Which one are you considering..... a MUT?
Last edited by Dougan on Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ovenpaa

#18 Post by Ovenpaa »

You know what they say when it comes to dealing with Zombies...chainsaws for show, garden spade for a pro :good:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Chuck

#19 Post by Chuck »

What's the best way to sharpen a Fairbairn Sykes knife then.......Well you never know these days....
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Porcupine

#20 Post by Porcupine »

I'd go with Leatherman when it comes to multitools. Wenger and Gerber both make decent multitools but Leatherman are the best IMO.