Wanted: Range mat and drag type bag

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Wanted: Range mat and drag type bag

#11 Post by dromia »

If only it were so simple.

When I go to the range I usually have at least 4 rifles to try out mainly with iron sights, usually of different calibres, with at least 50 test rounds per rifle. On top of the shooting stuff like mat, rest, sight black etc. Then there is spotting scope, tools, cleaning kit, (wiping rods, deprime tool and case jug with liquid if I'm shooting BPCR), chronograph, tripod, targets, patches, note book, target files, etc. and if I have a muzzle loader or two then there is all that kit as well.

A lot to cart but oh what fun. :grin:

Boys and there toys. :good:

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Ovenpaa

#12 Post by Ovenpaa »

I forgot the notebook, I have a small canvas type folder with pen and drops and plotting sheets which comes with me for competitions however for normal range days I just make a note of any changes to drops on my iFone and count the cases back to Christel who logs the details including rifle, cartridge, round count, weather, location, distances etc.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
whoowhoop

#13 Post by whoowhoop »

I saw their stuff at Newark, and on the way home ( in between listening to the engine destroy itself) thought I should have bought more than just walnut media from them...
Their stuff did look good, but may have been slightly put off by the low price compared to what else was available.
Just looked at their site.
Fancy some of this:
Wapenvet
But do I spread it on crackers or wipe my boots with it? Nice looking tin.
Happy is he, who goes out for the amusement of himself, and not for the amazement of others
rox

#14 Post by rox »

whoowhoop wrote:Wapenvet
But do I spread it on crackers or wipe my boots with it? Nice looking tin.
You smear it on your weapon, of course!

saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#15 Post by saddler »

Look on EBAY-USA - for a Parachutist weapons pack.

Has two strong shoulder straps - and opens out flat to use as a shooting mat.

They are felt lined - and they make a great base for conversion or to carry more than one gunslip
John25

#16 Post by John25 »

Going free to a good home, my old shooting mat, not the latest style but as I say, free.

Collect only I'm afraid unless you live near me.

:cheers:
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
JonC

#17 Post by JonC »

I should be down your way later in the month, waiting for my clubs Bisley dates.
You expressed an interest in interesting beer in another thread, I should be able to rustle up something entertaining.
John25

#18 Post by John25 »

Home found.

Let me know when you are coming, pm or email and I'll be happy to hand it over, or, if I'm going to be away, I will leave it inthe range office.

stgeo
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
tikkathreebarrels

#19 Post by tikkathreebarrels »

I have, in my designated shooting gear storage facility, just such a thing. In woodland DPM pattern, it is in effect a range mat with neoprene-ish front mats to jam your elbows into. It folds in half lengthways with velcro and possibly buckle straps up the middle to secure a rifle. On the outside are two shoulder straps, I think there are two "peg down" straps at the front end and for carrying you can either have it full length or with about 18" of it folded in. I'm pretty sure it was German army issue.

I rarely use it.
Why? There's virtually no padding to it so it's not how I like to carry my rifles. On the other hand it's good range mat but made of not entirely waterproof fabric it will take up moisture which, as we all know, is often present on the firing point either above or below the line of the barrel.

I'd much rather carry my rifle in a well padded bag and, for now, all the bits go in a rucsac with a closed cell foam mat strapped to the top.

Think through what type of shooting you intend, how much kit you're going to carry and whether you want the flexibility of splitting it up.