Wanted: Range mat and drag type bag

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
JonC

Wanted: Range mat and drag type bag

#1 Post by JonC »

I am looking for a range mat for target shooting, wide enough for a fat bar steward.

Also looking for a rifle bag or drag bag. really looking for a drag bag for the additional storage. Needs to hold a 44" scoped rifle.

Other option would be a combination of the two.

Cheers

Jon
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: Wanted: Range mat and drag type bag

#2 Post by 20series »

Buy the AiM 50 + AiM mat, not the cheapest but in my opinion about the best value on the market. search "Aim field sports"

http://aimfieldsports.com/epages/www_ai ... cale=en_GB

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Ovenpaa

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

Christel has a combination mat and range bag that she rates very highly, it came from a Dutch company for sensible money as well. They will be at the Phoenix later this year and she has the contact details for them as well as they ship out. Hopefully she will pick this up.

I have AIM and Blackhawk bags, the AIM is OK but still has some design flaws including the zip ends not being captive so anything loose inside the bag falls out when you carry it over a shoulder (Unless this has just been changed) The BH is superior in build quality but the outer pockets could do with an extra inch in all directions.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
bobbob
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#4 Post by bobbob »

This company are doing free shipping on AIM drag bags http://www.tacfiresystems.co.uk/?s=aim

Free Delivery on Aim Drag Bags. Use the discount code TAC50 at checkout. (Taken from their Facebook page).
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#5 Post by 20series »

Personally I don't like the idea of the combined systems. I wouldnt want to wrap up 3k+ of kit in a wet muddy mat.

I appreciate for Christel that wouldn't be an issue :-P :lol: :run:

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Dangermouse

#6 Post by Dangermouse »

When looking at the price of range bags, range mats and rifle slips/Drag bags, the idea of one bag does all is very appealing. I will ask you to consider what you are planing on carrying in it, then ask you to consider if you are happy to lay on those items whilst shooting, or if not, are you happy to have those items spread around the firing point whilst you shoot.

I think they are a good idea but they are not necessarily a one stop shop for all your carrying needs,

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Christel
Site Admin

#7 Post by Christel »

20series wrote:
I appreciate for Christel that wouldn't be an issue :-P :lol: :run:

Alan
Too right ;)
M99
Home club or Range: FCSA(UK)

#8 Post by M99 »

I got a couple of NcStar ones shipped from the US, they are more than up to the job - one of our club ranges is a fair hike from the cars and I can get two rifles in each one - nice divider and straps to hold them in place - one on each shoulder using the rucksack strap and off to go. Enough room in there for ammo, mags, spotting scope, tripod, cleaning kit, flask and sarnies - if you only have one rifle in there - with two rifles, you cannot get your flask of soup in :shock:
Christel
Site Admin

#9 Post by Christel »

I know the company has been mentioned on here in a different thread, just thought it is worth mentioning again.

http://www.bold-action.com
Guy to contact is called Lean.

It is a Dutch company which normally takes up space inside the Pavillion at Phoenix. They were also at Newark last year and this year.

Good quality gear, my bag/mat is still going strong after two years, zips working, which I told Lean at Newark, he looked slightly offended :lol:

He is a really nice guy and if you are looking for quality gear without the name then look out for them at Phoenix. Or send them an email :

info@bold-action.com

He will bring whatever you are after to Phoenix.
Ovenpaa

#10 Post by Ovenpaa »

I think we are all guilty of carrying far too much kit to the firing point and I have spent many years trying to minimise what I carry. These days I use a folding ex army sleeping mat that is 18" wide, I take a rifle and invariably keep my ammunition in boxes of 22 and use a squeeze bag so:

Rifle slip
Rifle & bolt
Safety flag
Small bipod
22 rounds
Rear squeeze bag
Mat

I doubt the whole package weighs in at more than 7.5Kgs

I keep a small range bag that has a flask, hat, towel, ammunition for next distance and a few other bits and that is it.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal