Drag Bag 52" long

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Alpha1

Re: Drag Bag 52" long

#11 Post by Alpha1 »

How much do they charge you for these drag bags my wife makes all my gun bags.
Ovenpaa

#12 Post by Ovenpaa »

Alpha1 wrote:How much do they charge you for these drag bags my wife makes all my gun bags.
They range from some cheap offerings around the GBP50 mark through to the 'Tactical' named ones such as the American BlackHawk at over GBP200 in the UK. The best UK built ones appear to be AIM which are around the GBP140 mark.

I for one would be interested if she was to consider build to order, I have always wanted to take the best features of the BlackHawk and AIM and put them together, something with larger external pockets, captive zip ends and a decent adjustable fastening system inside with a couple of lifting handles near the top and the ability to use Alice straps.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dangermouse

#13 Post by Dangermouse »

I took off on a mission last night and found all the component parts needed on Flea Bay. Clearly I would have had too much material and possibly enough for two, but when I added up the parts I was just under £100! (I included a MOLLE back pack £25. which I was going to use the harness from and then clip the rest of the bag onto the back of the rifle bag / mat)

That kind of put it into prospective for me - £150 is a lot of money, but then if it is well made, and the AIM bags are, then perhaps it is worth waiting to get one,

DM
The Gun Pimp

#14 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Dangermouse,

It is a lot of money - for a bag - but honestly, you won't regret it.

Best of all John - who owns Aimfield Sports is a keen F/TR shooter - you might even have been paired with him at the Europeans. He is always looking to make improvements to his bags and mats. I have two bags now - another one for my rimfire carbine.

Great products.

Cheers
Vince
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#15 Post by 20series »

I managed to pick up a bearly used S/Hand AiM 60 for £115 which I was pleased about but I'd of paid the new price ;) they are supurb and if you've got anything a set up worth a £1000 or more why risk it with some cheap bag.

Just buy one you'll not regret it :D :lol:

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#16 Post by Mike357 »

What about the Voodoo Tactical bags? Available sometimes via Northwest Custom Parts or direct from US. Are a bit expensive though.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Dangermouse

#17 Post by Dangermouse »

Tried to beat the VAT and order one from AIM today - no answer on the phones. Same story with HPS, Can't blame them really.

The Voodoo bags get very mixed reviews in the US, from the "it fell apart" to "the best bag ever".

DM
spud

#18 Post by spud »

buy once cry once and get the AIM
sanselm

#19 Post by sanselm »

DM, I am back in the country.
Dangermouse

#20 Post by Dangermouse »