Nagant M1895

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: Nagant M1895

#21 Post by snayperskaya »

DanTheMan wrote:I have one along with a TT33 on 7.3, it also shoots about a foot to the left but quite accurate in single action.
Reloading is a bit interesting as there are many ways of producing ammo, even down to using .32 S&W long, but the NRA have ppu 7.62x38 brass so found this works best and gives the gas seal. You seat the recessed bullet then can use a .30 carbine size die to truncate over it.

Very nice Tovarisch, very nice indeed ussrflag
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
poll007
Home club or Range: Deal & District

#22 Post by poll007 »

I'm currently in the process of trying to get a M1895 on a 7.1 licence
unfortunatly kent isn't the fastest firearms department so it's likely to take a while
DanTheMan
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#23 Post by DanTheMan »

poll007 wrote:I'm currently in the process of trying to get a M1895 on a 7.1 licence
unfortunatly kent isn't the fastest firearms department so it's likely to take a while
ndh-firearms.com have some good contacts in Europe. It's a shame you are not allowed to come to Bisley and have a look, were you tempted for 7.3 ?
poll007
Home club or Range: Deal & District

#24 Post by poll007 »

DanTheMan wrote:
poll007 wrote:I'm currently in the process of trying to get a M1895 on a 7.1 licence
ndh-firearms.com have some good contacts in Europe. It's a shame you are not allowed to come to Bisley and have a look, were you tempted for 7.3 ?
Definitly tempted by a 7.3 but would never be able to use it. So for now I'd rather have one for in the collection for study until I have the means to visit either bisley or the hesa more regularly
Blu

#25 Post by Blu »

ovenpaa wrote:I/we were lucky enough to handle one of these early last year. From an engineering viewpoint it was a work of art and not really something I would associate with the The Glorious Eternal Empire Of Mother Russia
There is a gun shop not far from here that has a load of these pistols in pristine condition. He's selling them for $130 but there doesn't seem to be much interest as he's had them a while. I admit they have kind of piqued my interest and may get one just to give it a try out.