Nagant M1895

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Christel
Site Admin

Nagant M1895

#1 Post by Christel »

It is true what they say, the more you read the more questions you have...

Nagant M1895, it is a 7 shot revolver however each round has to be manually loaded and ejected one cartridge at a time, not quite sure I understand why they would then call it a 7 shot revolver? It is because one loads it with 7 from the start?
saddler

Re: Nagant M1895

#2 Post by saddler »

7 shot cylinder.
Just happens to load/unload like an early revolver, i.e. Peacemaker

Also has a very unusual gas seal system...one of the few revolvers that CAN be fitted with a moderator successfully
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#3 Post by mag41uk »

A friend of mine had one in pistol days.
It looked and felt odd but actually shot pretty well.
Tony
Demonic69

#4 Post by Demonic69 »

Hickok seems to be enjoying it :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIePW1wYZds
Christel
Site Admin

#5 Post by Christel »

Why call it 7 shot then? Slightly puzzled here. I understand how it works. It is actually quite a masterpiece. The Russians kept it in service for ages.
waterford103
Home club or Range: Aberdeen FBGC

#6 Post by waterford103 »

I had the target version of this ,a TOZ 36 I think , it fired a 7.62 / .32 wadcutter round in a very long case .As the hammer was cocked the cylinder was cammed forward and a recess at the front of each chamber aligned with the barrel and slid onto it .This did two things , it guaranteed that the chambe was perfectly ligned with the barrel and eliminated the flash which is normal with other revolvers. It was very accurate but finding ammo was troublesome to say the least .A lot were converted to .32 s&w long but weren't as accurate. :wales: :flag6:
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#7 Post by Sandgroper »

christel wrote:Why call it 7 shot then? Slightly puzzled here. I understand how it works. It is actually quite a masterpiece. The Russians kept it in service for ages.
I'm not sure I understand your confusion regarding calling it a 7 shot revolver, but it has a cylinder which holds 7 rounds. Once you've fired them off you have to unload/reload the cylinder one case/round at a time.

HTH
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Christel
Site Admin

#8 Post by Christel »

Sandgroper wrote:
christel wrote:Why call it 7 shot then? Slightly puzzled here. I understand how it works. It is actually quite a masterpiece. The Russians kept it in service for ages.
I'm not sure I understand your confusion regarding calling it a 7 shot revolver, but it has a cylinder which holds 7 rounds. Once you've fired them off you have to unload/reload the cylinder one case/round at a time.

HTH
Ah, the dime fell. So you can shoot all 7 one after eachother and then unload/reload?
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#9 Post by snayperskaya »

christel wrote:
Sandgroper wrote:

HTH
Ah, the dime fell. So you can shoot all 7 one after eachother and then unload/reload?
Yep ussrflag
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
saddler

#10 Post by saddler »

christel wrote:
Sandgroper wrote:

HTH