Shooting in the States

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Robert303

Re: Shooting in the States

#21 Post by Robert303 »

Try Big Sandy! We did and it was very good. Held twice a year in Arizona. Not cheap but worth every $. Just google 'Big Sandy Machine Gun Shoot'
redcat
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#22 Post by redcat »

Visited a friend in Arizona (he's from Newton Aycliffe) a few years back and we just drove into the desert a few miles outside of Tombstone, tossed a few Coke tins in the sand and had some fun with Colt single action revolvers. You gotta love that place!

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
rufrdr

#23 Post by rufrdr »

Kind of like this?

Ok, this is the mountains and not the desert but same idea!

One of the many advantages of living in the West - great places for outdoor shooting opportunities!

"Everybody dies...the thing is, to die well"

Jack Harper
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#24 Post by 20series »

rufrdr wrote:Kind of like this?

Ok, this is the mountains and not the desert but same idea!

One of the many advantages of living in the West - great places for outdoor shooting opportunities!
Ok stop gloating, it's not funny lol
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
redcat
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#25 Post by redcat »

Kind of like this:

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
Ben1981

#26 Post by Ben1981 »

Last I shot in the States was back in 2007. Good fun though in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. People were just really friendly and speaking openly about guns just like you would about cars over here in Leicestershire. When I came back, as soon as I brought up the subject was met with so much skepticism it's unbelievable. My instant reaction was :"unclench!" ;) .
I must say though that despite the fact that they are so open minded towards guns, it was probably the most family friendly place I've ever seen in my life.
Ben1981

#27 Post by Ben1981 »

speaking of handguns. what do you good people make of the potential outcome of the elections coming up. I just wonder even if UKIP were to be in power, realistically, lifting the handgun ban is not going to happen or at least not in the next couple of years. I mean I wish it wasn't the case but nonetheless... am I right?
froggy

#28 Post by froggy »

People were just really friendly and speaking openly about guns just like you would about cars
Why shouldn't they ? After all, in the US cars kill far more peoples than guns ...
But have no fear, as an English man you can vote "Greens", they'll ban both O:-)
Ben1981

#29 Post by Ben1981 »

froggy wrote:People were just really friendly and speaking openly about guns just like you would about cars
Why shouldn't they ? After all, in the US cars kill far more peoples than guns ...
But have no fear, as an English man you can vote "Greens", they'll ban both O:-)
signfunnypost