Sunday March 18 2012 @ Kingsbury - NEW rifle!

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Dr. Strangelove

Re: Sunday March 18 2012 @ Kingsbury - NEW rifle!

#21 Post by Dr. Strangelove »

TattooedGun wrote:
Oh come on, really, has no1 here got any sense of exagerration?

The whole of my range report was written with gusto, I was pleased with how things went, and I wanted to portray the fun excitement aspect of my day. When I talk about what it might do to my rifle, I was talking about the finish, I was talking about the water marks it might leave behind until I get home and thoroughly clean the rifle, and I was talking about water spots on the glass. My breach was clear, and it was safe.

You quote 2 completely unrelated items - sure if there was water peeing into my breech then I would have had to stop and think about increased chamber pressures.

Why are people seeming to take things so darn seriously when it should be fairly obvious I was excited by the fact I was getting to fire my new rifle for the first time? Obviously the last thing I would do, nor want to do is risk anyones life, least of all my own by being completely and utterly wreckless.

That said, what would be the problem with shooting in Hail? - provided I kept my breech clear, I don't see as it would cause any problem, apart from the reduced visibility of the target, but I even mentioned I'd have to see the target!

Why zero the rifle with factory loads, when you are going to exclusively use hand loads from the start? To me that makes no sense. You'll have a zero that disagrees with the ammo you'll be using.
I'm sorry, was having a bad day yesterday, head was definitely not screwed on the right way!

No offence intended!
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#22 Post by TattooedGun »

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
TattooedGun wrote:

The whole of my range report was written with gusto, I was pleased with how things went, and I wanted to portray the fun excitement aspect of my day. When I talk about what it might do to my rifle, I was talking about the finish, I was talking about the water marks it might leave behind until I get home and thoroughly clean the rifle, and I was talking about water spots on the glass. My breach was clear, and it was safe.

You quote 2 completely unrelated items - sure if there was water peeing into my breech then I would have had to stop and think about increased chamber pressures.

Why are people seeming to take things so darn seriously when it should be fairly obvious I was excited by the fact I was getting to fire my new rifle for the first time? Obviously the last thing I would do, nor want to do is risk anyones life, least of all my own by being completely and utterly wreckless.

That said, what would be the problem with shooting in Hail? - provided I kept my breech clear, I don't see as it would cause any problem, apart from the reduced visibility of the target, but I even mentioned I'd have to see the target!

Why zero the rifle with factory loads, when you are going to exclusively use hand loads from the start? To me that makes no sense. You'll have a zero that disagrees with the ammo you'll be using.
I'm sorry, was having a bad day yesterday, head was definitely not screwed on the right way!

No offence intended!
Lol, none taken :)

:cheers:
Dougan

#23 Post by Dougan »

MiLisCer wrote:
dromia wrote:
TattooedGun wrote:

Who is number 1?

I can't find them in the member list.
It is text speak for "No one"
Classic! :lol: