Benelli Supernova first impressions

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Sim G

Re: Benelli Supernova first impressions

#21 Post by Sim G »

saddler wrote:
BestDrugDoc wrote:Pity slug are so expensive!
...roll your own!!

I have 2 very good slug molds - so don't have a supply/cost issue with slug anymore

MAY offer slug as a reloading component, but only once I sort out a decent lead pot/melter

The Lyman 1oz you sent to me, what wads are you using? I can't get any of mine to work with it.....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
physeptone

#22 Post by physeptone »

Think i got lucky when i applied for my first FAC .... sec 1 shotgun and slug- no problem! Just as well though as i use my shotgun more than any other gun and slug is an integral part of any good PSG match. It must be tough to justify slug- "what do you want it for?" "a discipline i have never shot because i havent been allowed slug before, so i'm not sure if i will like it but i need it to try it....."
That said, slug is an easy way to bankrupt yourself, if a very enjoyable way......

Here's my supernovaImage
saddler

#23 Post by saddler »

Sim G wrote:
saddler wrote:
BestDrugDoc wrote:Pity slug are so expensive!
...roll your own!!

I have 2 very good slug molds - so don't have a supply/cost issue with slug anymore

MAY offer slug as a reloading component, but only once I sort out a decent lead pot/melter

The Lyman 1oz you sent to me, what wads are you using? I can't get any of mine to work with it.....
standard wads - they are supposed to fit in the wad in place of the shot - closed up with a normal star crimp

...have ya tried with your good paw??
Sim G

#24 Post by Sim G »

saddler wrote:...have ya tried with your good paw??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yup, certainly have! "Standard wad"......? I'm using Winchester WAA12SL equivilent by Claybuster. Nope, they don't fit. My Lee do, but these don't.....

Send me a dozen, will ya? ;)

And, what powder you using? I've got to give these a go!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
phaedra1106

#25 Post by phaedra1106 »

Got a call this morning to come pick up my FAC, sec.1 shotgun and slugs are on it after all.

Slightly interesting ..... while I was waiting Mike Eveleigh and Alan Booth from BASC arrived for an appointment with the Deputy Chief Constable.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
4Islander

#26 Post by 4Islander »

Blackstuff wrote:
I asked (as did someone else) on the UKPSA website if this can be 'fixed' with some smithing but noone responded :bad:

Hi Mark

That was your first mistake, all the knowledge from that forum has migrated elsewhere :roll:

I have improved several supernova's or is that supernovie :grin: that required the pump moved forward slightly like yours.

Its a subtle fix & it can never be as good as the Winchester 1200/1300 or the 870 Remington but it sure as hell can be improved upon from factory.

I will let you guess on which board you should have asked on ! :lol:

4I
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#27 Post by Blackstuff »

4Islander wrote:
Blackstuff wrote:
I asked (as did someone else) on the UKPSA website if this can be 'fixed' with some smithing but noone responded :bad:

Hi Mark

That was your first mistake, all the knowledge from that forum has migrated elsewhere :roll:

I have improved several supernova's or is that supernovie :grin: that required the pump moved forward slightly like yours.

Its a subtle fix & it can never be as good as the Winchester 1200/1300 or the 870 Remington but it sure as hell can be improved upon from factory.

I will let you guess on which board you should have asked on ! :lol:

4I
Rookie mistake i know! :lol:
DVC