New GSG 1911 - £495

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

dave_303

Re: New GSG 1911 - £495

#31 Post by dave_303 »

phaedra1106 wrote:A lot of what has been written on this thread relates to the older model, it would be nice if anyone with the new version could submit a users report on it?.

That's my thoughts, claims are being made that this is a vast improvement over the older model, will wait and see, but at £485 it's a damn good price, means it could be purchased, with several mags and a burris fast fire (I assume the standard 1911 dovetail mount will fit?) for around the price of a K22.
neal455

#32 Post by neal455 »

CWA AND US HAVE SORTED AN AGREEMENT TO SHIP TO UK! I do really need an order of half dozen slides and all the rest of their parts to make it worth while.
As they are a small outfit, these is very little discount on offer, so take their price and add all the ITAR/ATF costs, shipping (we have to buy license basically)
and my costs then ad 24ish % VAT and import duty, all on top of the price you can see. My new Glock 17 .22lr LBP will be in uk in 2 weeks....
Dahonis

#33 Post by Dahonis »

phaedra1106 wrote:A lot of what has been written on this thread relates to the older model, it would be nice if anyone with the new version could submit a users report on it?.
Buy one Jeff and let us all have a go thankssign

We can tell you if you have bought a bargin or not cheers
38Super
Home club or Range: FDPC

#34 Post by 38Super »

Ordered today shakeshout
from my local RFD at a price I'm very happy with. Should be here in a few days.
The bad news is only one mag and Edgars are out of stock for 2-4 weeks :bad: (minimum is my guess).
Time to start scouring the world for GSG mags.

Review to follow as soon as unless someone beats me to it.
phaedra1106

#35 Post by phaedra1106 »

Dahonis wrote:
Buy one Jeff and let us all have a go thankssign

We can tell you if you have bought a bargin or not cheers
If, and or when I get my FAC back from Durham I may well do just that :)
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)