New GSG 1911 - £495

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

phaedra1106

New GSG 1911 - £495

#1 Post by phaedra1106 »

Had my hands on a new GSG 1911 in 22LR today, nice bit of kit. Comes in a plastic case with a 3yr Edgar Bros Warranty.

Should have taken some photos as I can't find anything online showing it. Jonathan at the Mayfair Shooting Centre in Sunderland has already sold his existiong stock and is putting another order in this week.

From what I can gather it's design or manufacture has something to do with The Tunnel range in Charmouth but I may have got that wrong :)

The barrel comes out of the slide about 15mm then has a fake can fitted over it about 25mm dia.

At £495 it appears to be a bargain!.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
greenshoots

Re: New GSG 1911 - £495

#2 Post by greenshoots »

its on my list to buy in canada :D

greenshoots
Sixshot6

#3 Post by Sixshot6 »

greenshoots wrote:its on my list to buy in canada :D

greenshoots
Are you moving there? If so there are better pistols 22 and otherwise you can buy there.
Blu

#4 Post by Blu »

phaedra1106 wrote:Had my hands on a new GSG 1911 in 22LR today, nice bit of kit. Comes in a plastic case with a 3yr Edgar Bros Warranty.

Should have taken some photos as I can't find anything online showing it. Jonathan at the Mayfair Shooting Centre in Sunderland has already sold his existiong stock and is putting another order in this week.

From what I can gather it's design or manufacture has something to do with The Tunnel range in Charmouth but I may have got that wrong :)

The barrel comes out of the slide about 15mm then has a fake can fitted over it about 25mm dia.

Is this the one you mean?
GERG1911ADOP GSG 1911-22 Lefts-1000x800.jpg
They're selling for £245 here in the States.
Sixshot6

#5 Post by Sixshot6 »

Blu wrote:
phaedra1106 wrote:Had my hands on a new GSG 1911 in 22LR today, nice bit of kit. Comes in a plastic case with a 3yr Edgar Bros Warranty.

Is this the one you mean?
GERG1911ADOP GSG 1911-22 Lefts-1000x800.jpg
They're selling for £245 here in the States.
And it gets marked up here too.
phaedra1106

#6 Post by phaedra1106 »

Found it, it's on the Edgar Bros Faceache page, https://www.facebook.com/EdgarBrothers/ ... =1&theater

"The GSG 1911 style long barrelled pistol, is factory produced and not retrospectively modified. The arm extension is extremely robust, and designed to not interfere with the operation of the gun. Accurate and well made, this distinctive product permits the UK shooting enthusiast to experience this his much loved, well-known design once again. This product complies fully with UK legislation, comes with a hard case and Edgar Brothers 3 year warranty. M.S.R.P £493"

There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Blu

#7 Post by Blu »

Nope, not that one. Grip panels are different, trigger is different and there's no Picatinny mount under the frame (which is a pity).
Is it the one with brown grips, no holes in the trigger?
greenshoots

#8 Post by greenshoots »

Are you moving there? If so there are better pistols 22 and otherwise you can buy there.
no and no its going on my sons rpal, and according to reviews its one of the best .22 practice pistols at moment and also its cheap

review

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/0 ... g-1911-22/

greenshoots
Gundoc

#9 Post by Gundoc »

anyone wishing to buy one of these could do worse than giving foxy a ring at diggle- if you want to save a couple of quid..
Sixshot6

#10 Post by Sixshot6 »

greenshoots wrote:
no and no its going on my sons rpal, and according to reviews its one of the best .22 practice pistols at moment and also its cheap

review

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/0 ... g-1911-22/

greenshoots
Oh ok, I guess if you just want a plinker. I had a grandpower but have since settled on a buckmark.