CF Handguns?

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Browning_grrl

Re: CF Handguns?

#61 Post by Browning_grrl »

bradaz11 wrote:the cricket ground would have a cricket pitch, on the pitch would be a cricket square, and in that that is the crease... clear?? :)

errrrrr.....yes.......sort of........ I was staying at a pub near the Portsmouth Navy Yards one time a while back, and some lovely young sailors did their very best to explain a Test Match that was on TV at the time to me. Poor souls - they did their level best, but it remained as clear as mud......and they even bought the beer all evening.... proper gentlemen they were.... :)
ordnance

#62 Post by ordnance »

Apart from some firearms types ( Handguns ) the laws in Canada seem similar to England Scotland and
Wales and stricter in some respects.

Possession and Acquisition Licence, or PAL.

Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) tests.
If applicants are applying for a license for restricted or prohibited firearms they must pass the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFC) tests in addition to the CFSC.
It seems virtually impossible to carry a firearm for self defense.
Criminal and Psychiatric Checks

According to section 5(1) of the Firearms Act, “[a] person is not eligible to hold a licence if it is desirable, in the interests of the safety of that or any other person, that the person not possess a firearm. Therefore, “[a]n applicant for a firearm licence in Canada must pass background checks which consider criminal, mental, addiction and domestic violence records. Besides criminal checks, in order to determine eligibility under the Act, authorities must consider whether within the previous five years the applicant
All firearms have to be unloaded when stored. Non-restricted firearms must be secured with a locking device, “such as a trigger lock or cable lock (or remove the bolt) so the firearms cannot be fired,” or the firearm must be locked “in a cabinet, container or room that is difficult to break into.
Browning_grrl

#63 Post by Browning_grrl »

ordnance wrote:Apart from some firearms types ( Handguns ) the laws in Canada seem similar to England Scotland and
Wales and stricter in some respects.

Possession and Acquisition Licence, or PAL.

Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) tests.
If applicants are applying for a license for restricted or prohibited firearms they must pass the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFC) tests in addition to the CFSC.
It seems virtually impossible to carry a firearm for self defense.
Criminal and Psychiatric Checks

According to section 5(1) of the Firearms Act, “[a] person is not eligible to hold a licence if it is desirable, in the interests of the safety of that or any other person, that the person not possess a firearm. Therefore, “[a]n applicant for a firearm licence in Canada must pass background checks which consider criminal, mental, addiction and domestic violence records. Besides criminal checks, in order to determine eligibility under the Act, authorities must consider whether within the previous five years the applicant
All firearms have to be unloaded when stored. Non-restricted firearms must be secured with a locking device, “such as a trigger lock or cable lock (or remove the bolt) so the firearms cannot be fired,” or the firearm must be locked “in a cabinet, container or room that is difficult to break into.

All true, but not necessarily all bad. And I can still wander the woods with my .308 or my 12 ga or whatever and hunt anything I buy a permit for, over millions of acres of Crown land, and fire my revolver at my Club whenever I want. And, most importantly, there are NO restrictions on what type or how much ammo I can buy, no cops inspect my house to see where I store my guns, and once I have my Licence, I can buy as many of whatever kind of guns I want. And I can sell any of 'em too, to anyone who shows me a valid Licence - no paperwork at all. Nada. And , just last week a new Law was passed essentially giving us the right to transport our restricted guns (i.e. handguns) to anywhere 'reasonable' just on the basis of our Licence without any further specific permits. One for us good guyz..... :)
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#64 Post by snayperskaya »

Browning_grrl wrote:
SevenSixTwo wrote:
Browning_grrl wrote:Wow.... just wow....... :o I think my head might explode........
I'd advise simply not coming here. Enjoy your freedom to use guns while you still have it.
Well, I sure as Hell don't intend to move there or anything, that's for damn sure & certain........and I'll be usin' my guns 'til Hell freezes over, you can bet your life on that.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Lee B

#65 Post by Lee B »

Guess we all just have to comply with the rules for wherever we live.

I had half a dozen pistols, in the UK, in the 90s when the ban was introduced, and declined the kind offer that I could have a similar number of rifles/carbines and just stuck with clay shooting, when I moved to Spain, imported my shotgun and was told I could also have a licence for "armas cortas" without major problem, I jumped at it.
I understand that the Guardia Civil do a criminal records check, fair enough, we also must have a medical at renewal which only seems to be an eyesight and blood pressure test, we must produce a certificate to show we own a gun safe, although no one comes to see if it's installed or used, and be a member of a recognised club - their country, their rules.

They've just given me an AE licence too, so I can have "armas historicas" must look into some of this black powder stuff soon......
Browning_grrl

#66 Post by Browning_grrl »

No worries - I've hunted in the cold before........ :D :)

Dougan

#67 Post by Dougan »

Browning_grrl wrote: Have you a particular interest in ladies' fashions? razz
Where Dromia is from in Britain the men actually do wear skirts! razz
SevenSixTwo

#68 Post by SevenSixTwo »

Musing... Are the British the only ones who bend over and take draconian gun control in the ass?
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#69 Post by Mike357 »

Dougan wrote:
They are called Kilts, cause the last guy to call them skirts got kilt! :D
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Blu

#70 Post by Blu »

Dougan wrote:
P1030726_0.JPG
morris-dancers-01.jpg
Morris-4.jpg
Enough said 5mith