Uberti NMA - Accuracy at 50 m / y

Anything muzzle loading in here. Old and new, rifles, shotguns, pistols and even cannons!

Moderator: dromia

Mikaveli

Uberti NMA - Accuracy at 50 m / y

#1 Post by Mikaveli »

Assuming I'm pointing it in the right direction (from a rest), what sort of accuracy should I expect on a 50m outdoor range?

Do you up your powder loads to compensate for the distance?

I've never fired any kind of handgun beyond 25m before and I know my .38 SPL U/L drops about 3-4" at 50m, so I just want to be sure I'm hitting the target board. sign85
Sim G

Re: Uberti NMA - Accuracy at 50 m / y

#2 Post by Sim G »

Blokes I know that shoot B/P revolvers well shoot 4 to 6 inch groups. I have an article somewhere that has the legendary Jeff Cooper and friends shooting B/P revolvers out to 300yds and getting respectable 18 to 24" groups.....

Far beyond my capability...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Mikaveli

Re: Uberti NMA - Accuracy at 50 m / y

#3 Post by Mikaveli »

Well, the target board is about 20" across, so I should be good to go even if my groups are 3 times worse than someone who's more proficient by the sound of things.

I'm guessing the bullet drop (with a 25gn target load) is only going to be 2-4 inches?