Parker Hale Musketoon

Anything muzzle loading in here. Old and new, rifles, shotguns, pistols and even cannons!

Moderator: dromia

rufrdr

Parker Hale Musketoon

#1 Post by rufrdr »

When I was a young lad and worked at a gun shop I had much disposable income and the ability to buy firearms at cost. I bought a new Parker Hale musketoon and then another barely used one. I had a lot of fun shooting them but sold them when I went on active duty in the Army.

The other day I sold my Tokarev pistol and about a couple cans of ammunition and turned it into another Parker Hale musketoon. I have yet to receive it (it should arrive next week) but in the meantime here are some pictures taken by the seller. It also includes a replica bayonet and 150 .575 minie balls.

Can't wait to give it a try!

"Everybody dies...the thing is, to die well"

Jack Harper
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Parker Hale Musketoon

#2 Post by dromia »

I have an unfired one, they are nice especially the PH made ones.

What is the serial number on it?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
rufrdr

#3 Post by rufrdr »

Haven't received it yet so no idea on the serial number.

"Everybody dies...the thing is, to die well"

Jack Harper
idge

#4 Post by idge »

Love the Parker Hale Enfields I have a 2 band that I purchased from Dromia and it has really open my eyes to muzzleloaders. What number does the English Parker Hale made Enfields go up to ?
greenshoots

#5 Post by greenshoots »

i have a low serial number parker hale musketoon

greenshoots
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#6 Post by dromia »

idge wrote:Love the Parker Hale Enfields I have a 2 band that I purchased from Dromia and it has really open my eyes to muzzleloaders. What number does the English Parker Hale made Enfields go up to ?

Hadn't realised that it was you who purchased that rifle, hello! :wave: :grin:

This seems to be the best serial number dating we have so far:

http://www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3785

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

idge

#7 Post by idge »

Hi Dromia really love the rifle and thanks for that link according to the info mine is an English made one :shakeshout: l
dromia
Site Admin

#8 Post by dromia »

:good: :grin:

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#9 Post by pe4king »

I picked up a rather sorry looking Musketoon at the Phoenix, unfortunately the smoothebore version ser No 29** so is an early PH so im led to believe, anyway after a bit of TLC it has turned out nice, I shot it last weekend nothing spectacular but was great fun, so much so that I have managed to get my hands on a Euroarms .451 volunteer for about the same money as the musketoon, just waiting for my variation to come back and then ill probably be picking brains for bullet selection etc.

My holy grail though at the moment is an original volunteer owned by my dad it is as near mint as I have ever seen, it was manufactured by Hollis and Sheath, and now the good part it was retailed by J Aston who was the armourer at the School of musketry at Hythe which is where we shoot, the old girl needs to come hole but he wont let go for love or money, you would think anything for No1 son but I think its a step too far :cool2:
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
Sim G

#10 Post by Sim G »

Ginger haired step-child and all that....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!