A Happy 13 year old :-)

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

A Happy 13 year old :-)

#1 Post by 20series »

Some folk might recall the thread about looking for a "Tacticool" Bolt action rifle for my lad as it was approaching his 13th birthday.

Well not particularly cool but I picked up a used but like new CZ 452 silhouette fitted with a nice little Hawke scope for a good price and he was duly presented with it for his birthday, to say he was happy is a bit of an understatement :shakeshout: :shakeshout: :shakeshout:

Anyway we ventured up to Oundle this morning and once we got him zeroed at 50mtrs I put up a little target I knocked up with 9 mini huns head on and had a bit of a mini McQueens comp by me calling a target and giving him 5 seconds to shoot. Well I think the longest he took was about 2 seconds and put hits on every time wtfwtf :cool2:

Alan
Attachments
2014-02-09 17.38.56.jpg
2014-02-09 12.31.30.jpg
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Buzz
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & pistol club

Re: A Happy 13 year old :-)

#2 Post by Buzz »

Nice one mate, glad he had fun. May have to get some of those targets off you ;)
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#3 Post by 20series »

Buzz wrote:Nice one mate, glad he had fun. May have to get some of those targets off you ;)
I've put a copy up in the Library section :goodjob:

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Dave 101

#4 Post by Dave 101 »

When the day comes that he beats you in a competition , think back to this moment , and say to yourself you both did a good job .

Dave
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#5 Post by DaveB »

Nice to see. Wish my father had been so supportive if my shooting at an early age. Well done.
zzr1100

#6 Post by zzr1100 »

my shooting club had its annual "fun shoot" last week, my daughter (aged 11) came 7th out of 27 .... and beat me !
Ovenpaa

#7 Post by Ovenpaa »

There is something about young eyes and a lack of preconceptions that helps youngsters excel at shooting. Well done to both of them, they could be Olympic or World champions one day.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
shotgun sam

#8 Post by shotgun sam »

What a result I am glad He likes the CZ they are great guns I am now in double figures with people that have gone out and bought one off the back of shooting my CZ Style and not one of them regrets buying them.

Sam
mossberg 500
meteor mk2
smk 19 (0.22)
ruger 12/22 stainless synthetic 22lr
cz 452 style 16 inch 22lr
tikka t3 lite stainless 223
308 howa 1500 varmint
BSA Lightning XL (0.22)
Lanber Over and Under
Baikal mp153
AYA Cosmos 410
1917 BSA SMLE 303
Stuck

#9 Post by Stuck »

Superb,

Kids of that age are the future of our sport.
Matt

#10 Post by Matt »

:goodjob: