Melville 27th April

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

Melville 27th April

#1 Post by shugie »

My club had a guest morning at Melville on Sunday, unusually we got allocated bay 'A', which is well suited to guest days as they can take their time on the individual targets. I've seen those target turning, and could see the mechanism for making them turn, but couldn't work out how it could be made to work.

We had a new course of fire called advancing burglar on 25m, ten shots before the target stopped, the canny ones waited until it got very close!

As this was something different, and apparently well received for being such, I've been tasked with working out some "different" shooting. I know running boar etc can be done at the Sporting lot next to Melville (albeit seemingly not very often), but if butt zero can be booked on Sunday mornings, what targets are permitted/available there?
Careful now/that sort of thing
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

Re: Melville 27th April

#2 Post by mag41uk »

Our club has a shoot on Butt Zero, usually in the week as its tricky to get at weekends.
We have the left hand bay with the turning targets. IIRC it cost us about £180 including 10 backers for the day.
We run what I call extreme T&P1. Same as T&P1 but distances of 80,60 and 40 yards or whatever you fancy.
Shoot anything you like so folk make the most of using slug.
I ran this last year and a couple of forum members came.
If I do it this year you will all be invited!
Tony