Shooting Czech Rep

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

froggy

Shooting Czech Rep

#1 Post by froggy »

Salut,

A quick range report from the pistol class I recently organised . We were based in a typical small Czech country little village that time seems to have forgot and had the exclusive use of a very small range in the middle of a forest. The participants were a mixed bunch of members from my UK club and some shooters from France. The class was geared toward dynamic combat pistol. The instructor has a very solid operational in the military & training experience to LEA so the teaching is very much reality based, free from any fancy looking B-Sh*t. So even if most, if not all participants were experienced IPCS or target shooters, they all felt they acquired new skills.

Unfortunatly the weather was truly horrendous with constant downpour, also meaning the spectrum and number of photos taken was very poor...
The ubiquitious Glock 17 & 19 were used but I managed to get hold of a HS2000 DX, a great Croatian service pistol (the bi-colour on the pic) .

believe it or not since my camera is not water proof I did not get it out on saturday, sunday was barely better .

Rugbyboots probably would have been a good choice to run along the targets ...

And concidering the speed the tarpolin was filling up, a wet suit would also have been a very suitable option ...

Since the class is mentally demanding and that, in my book at least, shooting should always be mega Noisy & fun, the week-end could not end without grabbing some weapons from the armoury for a serious blasting session. And as far as fun is concerned, it's truly hard to beat an Uzi or an RPK with a full drum mag ...

So despite the very adverse conditions, a most instructive & enjoyable week-end it was !

Ovenpaa

Re: Shooting Czech Rep

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Froggy, looks like a great time was had by all although the weather looks truly awful. No doubt the Brits felt completely at home!
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

#3 Post by meles meles »

It's a great shame we missed out on this, but we hope to get along to a future event.
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#4 Post by snayperskaya »

I'd be happy running that RPK all day!!! ussrflag. Looks like a good time was had by all.

Looks like a nice Yugo M70 there as well.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
froggy

#5 Post by froggy »

I'd be happy running that RPK all day!!!

Happiness on a rainy day
is a rifle called RPK
:good:
huntervixen

#6 Post by huntervixen »

The reward for the best photographed shoot on fullbore goes to .....froggy!

Looks like quite the blast...my kind of day in the woods!
HALODIN

#7 Post by HALODIN »

Cool, looking forward to going.
sconie

#8 Post by sconie »

Yeah I'm definitely going to get on one of these trips
froggy

#9 Post by froggy »

Re-

All the class participants were delighted with their W-E, the quality of the teaching and realised that the price of the W-E was barely over the cost of the ammo they shot, should it have been in the UK. To be fair, in order to keep the price as low as possible, since we are non-profit making, the accommodation, in a gite, was on the Spartan side but ample post-shooting Czech beer kept the spirits high ;)

Anyway, they are now pushing me hard for the date of the next one and I am currently working trying to put it together. It will most likely be an AK/Vz58 class, end of sept/early oct. Finding/securing a suitable army range to be able to make a lot of noise is not easy & of course I'll let you guys know when I have finalized all the details .