Isle of Man 2010 Slow Motion

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
Ovenpaa

Isle of Man 2010 Slow Motion

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

Soms stunning slow mo footage from last years IoM races. (Wahhh, remind me never to passenger a quick chair)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDwD8sJF ... r_embedded[/youtube]
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Re: Isle of Man 2010 Slow Motion

#2 Post by Mike357 »

Now I often thought I'd quite like to be a passenger......
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Doz

#3 Post by Doz »

Some great footage. The wife and I used to go to the island for the TT in the days before kids - a fantastic event. Also saw a passenger fall off the outfit around Clearways at Brands Hatch once, bet he was sore in the morning!
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Doz wrote:Some great footage. The wife and I used to go to the island for the TT in the days before kids - a fantastic event. Also saw a passenger fall off the outfit around Clearways at Brands Hatch once, bet he was sore in the morning!
I was mechanic for my brother on the Island a few years ago, fair to say it was at Jurby which is a closed circuit in the South and he was racing in the 750 Endurance class but I still did it :mrgreen:

I also watched Julian Soper throw a Hadleigh Honda down the road at Clearways, probably mid 70's, memorable because it blew up!
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Gun Pimp

#5 Post by Gun Pimp »

Jurby's in the north!

Vince
Ovenpaa

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

Oops! Yes North.

It was a bloody good race and from memory they were in the top three for the class. That evening they took me around the course in a white van to show me the lines, I was wedged in-between the two of them in the front and was shouted at every time I tried to put my seat belt on. It was a memorable experience and I doubt we went over 90mph however we did seem to be sideways on a few occasions.

I was mechanic at Pembrey for the team as well, they blew the gearbox on the sighting lap. I was promptly leant out to another team and they went home...
/d

Shed Journal
bobbob
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#7 Post by bobbob »

ovenpaa wrote: I also watched Julian Soper throw a Hadleigh Honda down the road at Clearways, probably mid 70's, memorable because it blew up!
Brands Hatch? Bnz broke a leg there in a production race on an LC Yamaha :(
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
Ovenpaa

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

A mate of mine used to production race 250 Yams around BH in the early 70's from memory they were supposed to be lapping quicker than Geoff Duke used to on his 500. I was tempted but they all acted like axe murderers once they were racing so I stuck to off road (MX and Enduro also seemed to have a more than fair share of axe murderers :? )
/d

Shed Journal
idge

#9 Post by idge »

great post ovenpaa , some really awsome footage .

however i am a total coward so i will stick to my 1.4 ford focus lol :lol:
Chuck

#10 Post by Chuck »

is there a link to that ovenpaa,. my mate in Az would love to see this.
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!