Zombie survival, Chesterfield

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Demonic69

Zombie survival, Chesterfield

#1 Post by Demonic69 »

Our lass bought us both tickets to this as a Valentine's present, what a gal!
The event was really well run, professional but not too serious. The venue was awesome, a disused factory, and changed so much as we played through dusk to darkness.
The "military personnel" and the zombies were all excellent, with the latter stalking you through the huge building (one large central area and 2 tower blocks, one 2 storey and one 3) with such tenacity that it really felt like there were 5 times their actual numbers.
You start off with a run from the cars through the zombie infested car park into the compound. You're divided up into teams then given a safety briefing, followed by your "supplies" - a rucksack with 2 head torches and a radio - and then you grab your shotguns and are briefed on their use. Next up is your mission brief and then you're off into the infested warehouse.
The rest is just good fun, interspersed with some girlie screaming, running, searching, screaming, zombie noises, shooting, screaming and running.
I'd happily recommend it to anyone after a good laugh. It's not taken too seriously, you can choose to get into it and have fun or not, though I'd challenge even the most stoic of you not to run when the super zombie comes at you.
If you get tickets direct from Facebook they're only £25 for the 2 hour sessions
Dougan

Re: Zombie survival, Chesterfield

#2 Post by Dougan »

Demonic69 wrote:The rest is just good fun, interspersed with some girlie screaming, running, searching, screaming, zombie noises, shooting, screaming and running.
lol Sounds cool!

What was the deal with the shotguns...paintball, air-soft, laser?
M99

#3 Post by M99 »

Dougan wrote:
Demonic69 wrote:The rest is just good fun, interspersed with some girlie screaming, running, searching, screaming, zombie noises, shooting, screaming and running.
lol Sounds cool!

What was the deal with the shotguns...paintball, air-soft, laser?
12 slug?
Demonic69

#4 Post by Demonic69 »

Just pump action airsoft. I've not seen them before, some load with a special magazine, most have a 12g-looking cartridge loaded with 30bbs, they fire 3bbs per shot and are tough enough to pump to feel realistic. All were pistol grip only and fairly short, so not UK legal ;-)
They didn't feel like toys, which just added a bit to the experience
Dougan

#5 Post by Dougan »

Does sound fun :p
Christel
Site Admin

#6 Post by Christel »

Sounds like great fun clapclap

Demonic69, got a link?
Gundoc

#8 Post by Gundoc »

Looks like a laugh to me
Demonic69

#9 Post by Demonic69 »

They also do Derby and a new site at Buxton. I know we'll be going again and it may have actually convinced the Mrs to try actual shooting!
Ovenpaa

#10 Post by Ovenpaa »

Where did they run it in Chesterfield? I lived there for many years so know the place quite well.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal