LBP and LBR as a club gun

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

qws

LBP and LBR as a club gun

#1 Post by qws »

I heard over the weekend that a court ruling has allowed a club to own a LBP on their ticket. This allowing all club members to shoot a LBP. Can only one confirm which club and which court ruled this. If this is the case it is a legal precedence, and will allow all clubs to own LBP and LBR's.

Has anyone any more information?
saddler

Re: LBP and LBR as a club gun

#2 Post by saddler »

Have you tried your own source to see where their information came from?

May be worth checking the main association websites to see if they've posted any updates.
I seem to remember a similar post a while back. Did you check the older posts on here too...?
Demonic69

#3 Post by Demonic69 »

It was Mike Wells of the sportsman association.
If you Google it there are a few documents around you could use to support your application if you wanted to :-)
martin2sheds
Home club or Range: St Giles Yarners, Three Counties Sporting Club,Northern Sportsman & LERA

#4 Post by martin2sheds »

saddler

#5 Post by saddler »

....so breaking NEWS...18 months back....
qws

#6 Post by qws »

i heard their was a more recent case than the case Mike won. So just asking if their was any new info. I have asked my contact this weekend to find out details ? Will keep the thread posted with any new updates.
Demonic69

#7 Post by Demonic69 »

I was reading one from May 2014, there could be more recent too, does he have a blog or Facebook?
joe

#8 Post by joe »

correct me if i'm wrong but the case of the queen vs wells, the clux of the case was that it was a .22lr buckmark rifle that was cut down to an lbp, the police argued that he had charged the status of the said gun. (no club examption under section 15) The defence argued that it was manufactured as a rifle and is registered as a rifle. So in law its status was still a rifle, no matter what was done to it !
The jury agreed.
Charlotte the flyer
Home club or Range: Classified

#9 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

Does anyone know if this will alter the 'guidance' about sharing LBPs and LBRs? I'm trying to find out exactly what the law is on this and also the legal status of the 'guidance'. My FLO is due a visit so I'll try to seek clarification but other opinions are welcomed.
The above post probably contains sarcasm or some other form of attempted wit, please don't take it to heart.
Demonic69

#10 Post by Demonic69 »

The law doesn't really have a thing to say about this particular situation, it's just the ACPO benders and the HO getting their knickers in a twist over nothing