1st Competition on 17th April

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

1st Competition on 17th April

#1 Post by Mike357 »

I spent this afternoon at the range with the Winchester and the RM 10/22 (joys of working from home)

I ran my newly reloaded ammo thru the Winchester and I must admit it shot very well, good tight groups. I still have a feed/extraction problem which causes the action to jam and makes finishing a detail impossible. I had a case split and two got dented when the action jammed. New brass once I know if I'm keeping it I think. Dodgyrog's boolits are spot on.

I then fired up the Rimfire Magic 10/22 after getting new rings for it. Zero was almost bang on from the previous rings. First two strings were amazing but then got worse, I suspect a wobbly table and operator error. I then shot double taps at 10yds and am very happy with it.

So, Sunday, first NESSC Competition, Strathpeffer GC at Drums (Aberdeen Full Bore Gun Club http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/bestwicks/default.htm) Great club and excellent facilities. We should get a team together and I'll post an update and pictures next week.

Wish me luck! :D

I wonder what the CCTV made of me buying 303 ammo from Dromia in his white van on the garage forecourt of the Services at Perth at 0800 this morning.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Christel
Site Admin

Re: 1st Competition on 17th April

#2 Post by Christel »

Definitely good luck from me, Mike357!

Hoping for good weather and that all the goddesses with guns are on your side.

;)
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#3 Post by 20series »

Good luck with yours Mike :D

I'm also doing my first F-class league match this weekend at Diggle, it's a nice gentle 600 yard comp just to get broken in :o

Cheers
Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Christel
Site Admin

#4 Post by Christel »

Good luck 20series!

:P :P
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

Yes good luck to 20Series and Spud as well who are both competing at Diggle this coming weekend, woohoo we should get some serious range reports, but are we going to see any winners reports? 8-)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#6 Post by Mike357 »

Good luck 20series, are you coming up to Blair Atholll in a few weeks?

Thanks for the good wishes.
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#7 Post by 20series »

Mike357 wrote:Good luck 20series, are you coming up to Blair Atholll in a few weeks?

Thanks for the good wishes.

Mike

Yes I am :D I'm bringing my Dad for a holiday as well, we're coming up on the 3rd and staying until the following Monday.

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#8 Post by dodgyrog »

Thanks for the testimonial. The boolits are still only £40 per thousand for pistol calibres.
I'm doing the round trip to London by train for £73 return (courtesy of my old age gits pass - good value these, especially the 3 year ones) loaded up with gear to sell.
I'm on Short Siberia on Sunday at Bisley - 200 yd point - come and say hello if you are around.
Back to boolit casting on Monday, getting ready for the Phoenix.
Fun, fun, fun.
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Mike357

#9 Post by Mike357 »

Good luck too Spud.

I'm going up to Blair Atholl to spectate and take Mrs H to let her see what it is all about. I'll post a thread nearer the time but would love to say hi to any FBUK members shooting up there.
Mike357

#10 Post by Mike357 »

We bombed :-(

1st CoF, my Carbine had feed problems on each stage. Dropped about 10 shots.

2nd CoF, I used an identical Winchester with my ammo and it worked fine. So it is a rifle issue.

The 22 comp was oot, the black gun worked well but much more practice is required on the new small DP targets. At least Tue weather and my sarnies were nice.