Muzzle Loading in/around Bristol?

Anything muzzle loading in here. Old and new, rifles, shotguns, pistols and even cannons!

Moderator: dromia

SuddenlyMinotaurs

Muzzle Loading in/around Bristol?

#1 Post by SuddenlyMinotaurs »

Hi All,

I've been looking into getting back into B.P/Muzzle Loading shooting for a while! Are any of you familiar with any specific Black Powder clubs in the South West (and preferably, close to Brizzle)?

Cheers!
cheers
Swamp Donkey

Re: Muzzle Loading in/around Bristol?

#2 Post by Swamp Donkey »

FDPC shoot that smelly stuff.
38Super
Home club or Range: FDPC

#3 Post by 38Super »

These guys?
http://www.bristolmuzzleloaders.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

You could also try
http://www.bdrpc.org.uk/

I'm told B&D are quite active with all forms of shooting.
FDPC held their recent muzzle loading comp at B&D.
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#4 Post by the running man »

Fdpc are a club without a range...they use bdrpc a lot,same goes for bml.....
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
the running man

#5 Post by the running man »

Join a club with a future,join bdrpc bristols best club...
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
dave_303

#6 Post by dave_303 »

I've just started shooting with Bristol Muzzle Loaders, good bunch of guys, yes they don't have their own range but they shoot on 2 MoD ranges, Severnside and on one of BDRPC's ranges, nice bunch of guys and at any Severnside shoot you'll see a good number of Muzzleloaders on the firing point.

They also have club backpowder rifles and pistols for training/practice and the Chairman can provide a lot of assistance if you want to go out and buy one.

If you decide to check them out send me a PM, be good to see another younger shooter on the firing point.
bradaz11
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#7 Post by bradaz11 »

i've thought about looking to join bristol muzzle loaders, but they seem to only shoot on sundays, which is no good for me. ideally i'd like to find somewhere that has multiple shoots throughout the week. even better if i can leave a rifle there midweek as a hotel isnt ideal for that while i'm at work lol
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
dave_303

#8 Post by dave_303 »

bradaz11 wrote:i've thought about looking to join bristol muzzle loaders, but they seem to only shoot on sundays, which is no good for me. ideally i'd like to find somewhere that has multiple shoots throughout the week. even better if i can leave a rifle there midweek as a hotel isnt ideal for that while i'm at work lol

Try Portishead Shooting Club, ok it's only a 25m range most days of the week (plus 100m .22 outdoor range). However, club is open pretty much every evening (except Thursdays).
bradaz11
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#9 Post by bradaz11 »

dave_303 wrote: Try Portishead Shooting Club, ok it's only a 25m range most days of the week (plus 100m .22 outdoor range). However, club is open pretty much every evening (except Thursdays).
thanks, i'll have a look at them. 25m isnt ideal, but its better than no range, unless they want extortionate membership rates.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
the running man

#10 Post by the running man »

dave_303 wrote:
bradaz11 wrote:i've thought about looking to join bristol muzzle loaders, but they seem to only shoot on sundays, which is no good for me. ideally i'd like to find somewhere that has multiple shoots throughout the week. even better if i can leave a rifle there midweek as a hotel isnt ideal for that while i'm at work lol

Try Portishead Shooting Club, ok it's only a 25m range most days of the week (plus 100m .22 outdoor range). However, club is open pretty much every evening (except Thursdays).
They have a six year waiting list!